the madness continues

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well they put the center runner boy on mine today. He averages 2 hrs early a day, on any route. So Monday, I will be expected to do what he did. Better lose 20yrs this weekend, and eat my wheaties. While I was out shopping today I got a call from one of my customers asking me if I could come back since whoever was there earlier picked up and left a note that they wouldnt be back til Monday. They are not an approved before 230 pick up. But the numbers will be all that matters.
I totally give up. I talked to my union VP today and he just laughed, told me to keep doing what ive been doing. Safe, efficient, keep customers happy, all that stuff that I thought mattered.
I cant go any faster safely, or unsafely. I dont know how. My ride did not produce any positive insight on how to move faster. Except he said I sheet too much in the car. At night in bad areas, which most of my route is, and even in the day if undesirables are around, I need to be aware of my surroundings. Not sheeting on the way, or on the way back. I need to watch for loose dogs, all pits, or rots, and bad people. Other than that I got no answer as to how to improve, just improve.

opt3

opt3
2 weeks ago center manger takes vac leaves on road to run show . mon. 230am get the call we need you 2 walkouts this morning "take one for the team" and you have run your route . Tues same game but im sick as hell. by thurs day i was thinking runing out of hours ill preload friday and home to die . Fri. at the walkin clinic on my lunch break at onroads request 20 min till pickups i told the doc to give me some pills she says no im puting you in the hospt. you have ammonia and should of been in bed 4 days ago i call the onroad and her and him exchange words . next thing i know im getting shot up with all kinds of dope and ruing out of hours late for picups every thing is going bad. finish the day onroad says thanx . The next mon day the center manger has me in the office grilling me with the stewart about last weeks numbers and my performance . and the on road sat and watched me hang. "snakes in the grass " my friends

wily_old_vet

opt3 said:
2 weeks ago center manger takes vac leaves on road to run show . mon. 230am get the call we need you 2 walkouts this morning "take one for the team" and you have run your route . Tues same game but im sick as hell. by thurs day i was thinking runing out of hours ill preload friday and home to die . Fri. at the walkin clinic on my lunch break at onroads request 20 min till pickups i told the doc to give me some pills she says no im puting you in the hospt. you have ammonia and should of been in bed 4 days ago i call the onroad and her and him exchange words . next thing i know im getting shot up with all kinds of dope and ruing out of hours late for picups every thing is going bad. finish the day onroad says thanx . The next mon day the center manger has me in the office grilling me with the stewart about last weeks numbers and my performance . and the on road sat and watched me hang. "snakes in the grass " my friends

Let's see on Friday you were being " shot up with all kinds of dope" because you had "ammonia" and doc wanted to put you in the hospital. Then Monday morning you were in the office with the mgr. Your story doesn't hang together at all but it was creative.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sounds like to me its true, wily. Hes working while sick, dedicated and devoted. Why, Im not sure. I could be wrong, you could be right. But we all know UPS is one of the few companies where they want you to come to work, even if you are sick, when they are short drivers. JMHO

wily_old_vet

toonertoo said:
Sounds like to me its true, wily. Hes working while sick, dedicated and devoted. Why, Im not sure. I could be wrong, you could be right. But we all know UPS is one of the few companies where they want you to come to work, even if you are sick, when they are short drivers. JMHO

No disagreement there Tooner. My thoughts were: 1-He didn't even know the name of his ailment (ammonia) and 2-Doctor wanted to hospitalize him Friday and even got into a argument with his sup over the phone, yet he was well enough to go in on Monday. If I am wrong I"m sorry but the whole thing just didn't ring true to me. And if you're sick enough to be put in hospital, screw them, call in sick.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wiley, so true, if you are that sick on Friday, you should be way run down on Monday. Sounds like walking ammonia, to me.....aka pneumonia Eaks!!!!!!!!!!! where is the spell checker. The ammonia thing went over my head, as I assumed he was male, and historically males cant spell .............................I can just see it happening, and being intimidated to work even tho that sick.
But thats coz I am easily intimidated.
You know how I am.....But dont tell anyone.............And I wont either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
AND, that's why marriage should always be between a man and a woman......she spells & he does math. God planned it that way! :wink:

over9five

Staff member
Think of the liability if he got in an accident. If I were his manager, I would do his route myself rather than have him drive while that ill.