The million dollar question…

Its_a_me

I started at UPS in 2016. How come I make the same as the feeder driver that started in feeder in 1974? He should be making like $236.55/hr if I'm making $42.
because the union agreed to a top rate and a progression to that top rate in FT.

In PT there is no top rate and no progression to that top rate. You get extra for having worked extra years.

because the union agreed to a top rate and a progression to that top rate in FT.

In PT there is no top rate and no progression to that top rate. You get extra for having worked extra years.

Well the union seems to have agreed that you don't deserve :censored2: for your "experience" performing a job any and every person here learned all there is to know about in the first 90 days.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I started at UPS in 2016. How come I make the same as the feeder driver that started in feeder in 1974? He should be making like $236.55/hr if I'm making $42.

Attachments

• 1690540293926.gif
    1690540293926.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 30

Its_a_me

Well the union seems to have agreed that you don't deserve :censored2: for your "experience" performing a job any and every person here learned all there is to know about in the first 90 days.
Wrong they value it at $0.155 per year. It used to be just over a 1/4 of what a FT made.

By the end of this contract it will be more than 1/2 of what a FT makes. So they obviously are starting to value PT'ers more than FT'ers by your logic. Who do you think they sell out next contract...

Wrong they value it at $0.155 per year. It used to be just over a 1/4 of what a FT made.

By the end of this contract it will be more than 1/2 of what a FT makes. So they obviously are starting to value PT'ers more than FT'ers by your logic. Who do you think they sell out next...
They already shorted us to get you that $.155/yr bump. You're welcome.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You're hearing from a few dozen to a few hundred opinions out of tens of thousands. I'm telling you, 60%+ vote passes.
I hope. When measured against inflation proposed wages fall short. Drivers starting progression are taking an effective. .40 pay cut over what my starting wage was when adjusted.

I hope. When measured against inflation proposed wages fall short. Drivers starting progression are taking an effective. .40 pay cut over what my starting wage was when adjusted.
Yeah, there are a lot of areas that could be better, there are a lot that are better than I thought would/could be. I'm still personally on the fence, but if I had to guess, they've appealed to enough of the masses to get substantial support for this contract. All a matter of how many turn out and vote.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Yeah, there are a lot of areas that could be better, there are a lot that are better than I thought would/could be. I'm still personally on the fence, but if I had to guess, they've appealed to enough of the masses to get substantial support for this contract. All a matter of how many turn out and vote.
I'm voting yes