The more you know...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had an old p1000 loaner from another center that had air brakes
Just pull the button on the dash and that Ol girl wasn't moving
Not to correct you , maybe some p1000. 'S did , but out east here , we had 1100's that had wooden or no shelves at all that had power steering and air brakes ! They were built I believe in the 60's and when the Feds implemented CDL , a lot of us drivers refused to drive them cuz of the air brakes !
Good ole UPS fought with us and the union and rmv stating they were exempt of course because weren't over 26k lbs , This had to be around 1990

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not to correct you , maybe some p1000. 'S did , but out east here , we had 1100's that had wooden or no shelves at all that had power steering and air brakes ! They were built I believe in the 60's and when the Feds implemented CDL , a lot of us drivers refused to drive them cuz of the air brakes !
Good ole UPS fought with us and the union and rmv stating they were exempt of course because weren't over 26k lbs , This had to be around 1990

This old hog had wooden shelves a Diesel engine and power steering
Thought I had died and gone to heaven
For a few days until I got my old pos p8 back
Yep late 80s early 90s

Covemastah

This old hog had wooden shelves a Diesel engine and power steering
Thought I had died and gone to heaven
For a few days until I got my old pos p8 back
Yep late 80s early 90s
I had the last one in Boston till they sent to the crusher , I pulled over and puked one day at peak fumes were so bad in cab , red tagged and never saw her again !!

Covemastah

Also remember a summertime temp took one into the McDonald's drive thru ,, made it a convertible, was his last day !! Hahh ha

Rack em

Made the Podium
I started in 2nd on my road test and he yelled at me to never do that. So what do I do on the road by myself. Start in 2nd.
Sometimes starting in 2nd is even bad depending on the car. The lower gears hit high rpm's quick. We only have one manual transmission car left in our center and whenever I drive it I start in 3rd gear more than 2nd.

AlliSeeisBrown

Sometimes starting in 2nd is even bad depending on the car. The lower gears hit high rpm's quick. We only have one manual transmission car left in our center and whenever I drive it I start in 3rd gear more than 2nd.
True. 1st gear gets you up to about 5 mph which in my opinion, keeps you in an intersection way longer than need be. Considering they want you to start in 1st as well as not change gears in an intersection because "you should always have power to the wheels when going through an intersection".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You talking about the PC with air brakes , that had metal skins over wooden rear doors ?
UPS junked them late 90's .
The Shop was in charge of dismantling them . They left the metal in a dumpster outside the shop and dumpster divers took it all . I was told each one weighed about 1000 lbs and the scrap yard at the time was paying about 50 cents a lb..