The MrFedex 2016 New Employee Handbook

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well said Mr. Fedex

Thanks, Joe. How many of your fellow employees have been summarily fired after a customer complaint? I know of quite a few, and if it's a big customer, they aren't going to ever reinstate you anyway because Fred might lose a nickel. I've also known plenty who deserved to get canned, but many more who did something minor or nothing at all, and were shown the door.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's strange. Of all the problems I've had and have with the company, getting reimbursed in a timely manner for expenses has been the least of them. Never had an issue and have had few questions asked. Whoever handles that should be allowed to handle other things as well based on my experience.

You're just a dog-collar and leash away from your masters. Of course, you don't have a problem. How many different usernames are you posting under at various sites these days? God, you are a poor excuse for a shill.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Only you can explain your own stupidity in creating Thunder. It's discredits you even more.

"I accuse you of something because you did it, and I know you did it because why would I accuse you of it if you didn't?" It's that kind of brilliant thinking that has led you to the fine status that you enjoy on this very board!

59 Dano

You're just a dog-collar and leash away from your masters. Of course, you don't have a problem. How many different usernames are you posting under at various sites these days? God, you are a poor excuse for a shill.

Only one, and that's MrFedEx. Why do you ask?

Serf

Mr. Worker: If your pension is a "qualified" retirement plan and you take it as a lump sum and if you take it before age 59 and a half and are not disabled you could end up paying income tax at a higher rate than you would pay in normal years along with a penalty of 10% of the lump sum. So be certain about what you're doing.
Thanks for the input. I would be well over 59 and a half. And I'll fork over to Uncle Sam what I owe, and take the 50 or so grand and put in under my mattress. The idea of getting less than 200 bucks a month from the annuity FedEx shopped for me seems like a monthly insult.

CJinx

I've always been comped for expenses quickly as well. They cut the check within a week or two at the most. It helps a ton to have all your paperwork/receipts in order, though.

bacha29

Mr. Upstater: The is a 60 day rollover window into an IRA or other qualified plan. I'm not a CPA but I worked for H&R Block for 10 years but it has been a few years since I worked for them and the rules may have been updated or changed but I think the 60 day rule is still in place but I do know that the 10% penalty still exists. In my time I have known quite a few people who didn't know about the rules or the penalty and it cost them dearly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mr. Upstater: The is a 60 day rollover window into an IRA or other qualified plan. I'm not a CPA but I worked for H&R Block for 10 years but it has been a few years since I worked for them and the rules may have been updated or changed but I think the 60 day rule is still in place but I do know that the 10% penalty still exists. In my time I have known quite a few people who didn't know about the rules or the penalty and it cost them dearly.

There is no penalty if you roll the funds over to a qualified plan within the 60 days.

59 Dano

Yes... correctly entered expenses for a company assignment with a timely rubber stamp from one's manager tends to move things quickly.

Remember that there are a few here who complicate things as much as they can, then complain about how long it takes for them to get their issues resolved.

SmithBarney

Express really isn't a bad gig as long as you're not a courier. And as a newb don't even think you're getting a summer vacation unless you have about 15 years in. The week between Christmas and New Years off? Not a chance in hell.

Summer weeks, no problem around here...
Nobody gets off between Thanksgiving and Jan 2, That week has been permanently blocked off as of two years ago, oh the tears from the CRRs who haven't had school age children in 3 decades, but needlessly take the school holiday weeks "just because" Thank goodness for no kids or I might be bothered.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Remember that there are a few here who complicate things as much as they can, then complain about how long it takes for them to get their issues resolved.
LOL! We're talking about a company that loves to complicate the living crap out of what should be a pretty simple job.

Gotta get the smart people taken care of first, sonny boy! Back of the line for you.
If that's the case, you shouldn't even be in line at all.