the new chatroom

DS

Fenderbender
Pickup you are right and this is weird cuz we were in the old one before the switch to the new format,
btw I like Billy Joel too

P

pickup

Pickup you are right and this is weird cuz we were in the old one before the switch to the new format,
btw I like Billy Joel too

thank you for expressing that you like a performer (and I didn't even have to ask ) . Inside joke, people.

P

pickup

Pickup you are right and this is weird cuz we were in the old one before the switch to the new format.

This turn of events is starting to remind me of the book "Animal Farm". First you moderators had those special symbols when in the chatroom and now you are in a different class than we regular folk are. I expect this progression to continue slowly and inexorably towards a total plutocracy.:surprised:

satellitedriver

A major glitch occurs in the chatroom. Some people still have trouble expressing themselves. It is like they have self imposed filters.

I am the "some people" that PU is referring.
Rarely do I have trouble expressing my views, but when in chat and I am demanded to answer a question....well guess what.
It ain't gonna happen.
I "expressed" that I thought John Denver and Glenn Campbell sucked, as singers/writers, in chat........and away we go.
My filter was just silence, to the question posed about my negativity, so now "someone,else" makes noise in the public forum.
Back to topic;
the new chat software seems to work well.
As with any tool, it depends on how the workman uses it.

P

pickup

I am the "some people" that PU is referring.
Rarely do I have trouble expressing my views, but when in chat and I am demanded to answer a question....well guess what.
It ain't gonna happen.
I "expressed" that I thought John Denver and Glenn Campbell sucked, as singers/writers, in chat........and away we go.
My filter was just silence, to the question posed about my negativity, so now "someone,else" makes noise in the public forum.

First of all, you outed yourself. The only ones that knew about that you are the 'some people" referred to in my post were the people in the chat room.
Rarely do I have a problem when someone refuses to answer a question. But I do have an issue when that person believes I am going to swallow his evasive answer as appropriate to the question. Note: I did not ask for your pin number for your atm card,. I simply asked a rather benign question and got rather cryptic answers. I realize that sunspot 1045 has been ejecting coronal mass discharges over the last few days. Perhaps that would explain why some satellites are not functioning in the fashion that they normally do. Do not worry, I will not be asking more questions in the future. No offense intended and none taken.

Peace

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What chatroom?
There doesn't seem to be one anymore.
It may have been deemed to be causing to big of a rift between members.

P

pickup

What chatroom?
There doesn't seem to be one anymore.
It may have been deemed to be causing to big of a rift between members.

Click on "Forum" , then you will click on "Community" and then click on "flashchat" . Hopefully, you won't to access it this way for much longer.

P

pickup

We actually had a chat amongst a few members, including me(not myself, so don't correct me) a few hours ago, but now chat doesn't seem to be working for the time being as well as other things under the "community" icon. Have patience and let not your hearts be troubled. I am sure Cheryl is tinkering around and things will soon be up and running.

P

pickup

Well after a few days, it looks, as of this writing, that the chat room is functioning again. I hope it stays that way. Some of you may not know, but I am a member of a offshoot breakaway fundamentalist church from the Church of Mormon. Unlike our deluded brothers in the Mormon Church that many of you are more familiar with , I and the members of my church believe in polygamy. However, as a result of our beliefs , women are in short supply and it is hard for for low hierarchy members ( a group into which I fall for the time being) to get wives as the big wigs scoop up the available women in my church community.

Consequently, I prowl the browncafe chatroom in search of prospective wives , and I was on the verge of literally sealing the deal with one or two, before the chatroom went kaput. Now I have to start from scratch in my salesmanship with these fine ladies .

So please ,let the chatroom stay functioning (or go back to the old one if it falls apart again) because I need a good Morman fundamentalist wife , or two ,or three.

over9five

Staff member
Don't limit yourself. With all those low hierarchy men with no women, perhaps a new offshoot church could be created where you could have several husbands.

P

pickup

Don't limit yourself. With all those low hierarchy men with no women, perhaps a new offshoot church could be created where you could have several husbands.

You forgot to add "not that there would be anything wrong with that" .

P

pickup

You got that right.

Don't dismiss it out of hand just like that tooner. Think of it: a central living room and kitchen and separate wings leading to private bedrooms for each of my wives. I don't see anything wrong with it. But as dannyboy would say "that dang gooberment" just won't stop interfering.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, I've told this story before, but I used to be a realtor in Salt Lake City. I had a male client looking for a home. He had 3 wives and many, many children. He was looking for a large home with bedrooms that could be made into dormitory-type rooms for his kids and he only wanted to spend around $80,000. Talk about 'mission impossible' !! Great realtor that I was, I did find them a bit of a fixer-upper....they didn't mind the hard work.

All the time I was running these 4 people around to different houses I was thinking.......what in the world do these women even see in him?? How could they possibly avoid jealousies? It was very foreign to me. I asked questions and they were perfectly fine with answering. They were nice people.......but definitely not the life for me.

P

pickup

You know, I've told this story before, but I used to be a realtor in Salt Lake City. I had a male client looking for a home. He had 3 wives and many, many children. He was looking for a large home with bedrooms that could be made into dormitory-type rooms for his kids and he only wanted to spend around $80,000. Talk about 'mission impossible' !! Great realtor that I was, I did find them a bit of a fixer-upper....they didn't mind the hard work.

All the time I was running these 4 people around to different houses I was thinking.......what in the world do these women even see in him?? How could they possibly avoid jealousies? It was very foreign to me. I asked questions and they were perfectly fine with answering. They were nice people.......but definitely not the life for me.

No, "mission impossible" is the mission I have converting not only prospective women to the faith but also to becoming my wives.

I see I can't get into the chatroom again and yet I see toonertoo just sitting there , no doubt in response to this post. Patience, tooner , patience. I also got a reputation comment from some nubile young lass asking to be picked.

browndevil

Well after a few days, it looks, as of this writing, that the chat room is functioning again. I hope it stays that way. Some of you may not know, but I am a member of a offshoot breakaway fundamentalist church from the Church of Mormon. Unlike our deluded brothers in the Mormon Church that many of you are more familiar with , I and the members of my church believe in polygamy. However, as a result of our beliefs , women are in short supply and it is hard for for low hierarchy members ( a group into which I fall for the time being) to get wives as the big wigs scoop up the available women in my church community.

Consequently, I prowl the browncafe chatroom in search of prospective wives , and I was on the verge of literally sealing the deal with one or two, before the chatroom went kaput. Now I have to start from scratch in my salesmanship with these fine ladies .

So please ,let the chatroom stay functioning (or go back to the old one if it falls apart again) because I need a good Morman fundamentalist wife , or two ,or three.

Nicky or Margene?