the new chatroom

P

pickup

I posted this in the "new look " thread. :

About the new chatroom. Someone obviously has to be first to enter the chatroom. Whoever that person is , isn't going to be actively staring at the screen. He will do other things and wait to hear the "ding dong". What seems to be happening is that when a second person finally enters, the first person gets bumped and sometimes doesn't know it happened. The second person who entered is now the only person there, wondering why the first person left so abruptly. The second person either leaves or gets bumped when a third person enters.

We had this problem when the upgrade was made a few weeks ago and it went away. Now it is back.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, CACHSUX and I played in the chatroom for almost an hour, and didn't have any problems. I like most of new chat room, but the sounds will take a little getting used to.

P

pickup

Gee, CACHSUX and I played in the chatroom for almost an hour, and didn't have any problems. I like most of new chat room, but the sounds will take a little getting used to.

Actually, when I entered , you left at the same moment. Either you were avoiding me or happened to be leaving at that moment, or I bumped you when I entered. Later, hdklapper came in and bumped me out.

DS

Fenderbender
It seems to have some glitches,last night pickup,you were in here and when I joined you left.I thought you were getting me back for doing it to you last week.I'm in there now if anyone wants to try it -10:57 PM

P

pickup

A major glitch occurs in the chatroom. Some people still have trouble expressing themselves. It is like they have self imposed filters.

If you search for tenderness
it isn't hard to find.
You can have the love you need to live.
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind.
It always seems to be so hard to give.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

taken from a song by Billy Joel - an artist that I am sure some people think sucks.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A major glitch occurs in the chatroom. Some people still have trouble expressing themselves. It is like they have self imposed filters.

If you search for tenderness
it isn't hard to find.
You can have the love you need to live.
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind.
It always seems to be so hard to give.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

taken from a song by Billy Joel - an artist that I am sure some people think sucks.
Not me. I like Billy Joel.

P

pickup

I dare you to name ONE artist that someone does not think sucks.

I dared someone in chat to name one artist that he thinks didn't suck . He couldn't do it.

It was equivalent to offering a kid different things to eat for lunch. Broccoli? No! Macaroni and Cheeze? No! Peanut butter and Jelly? No! "Well, what would you like"? ......... silence.....

P

pickup

Hey Cheryl:

Another quirk that I encountered in the chatroom earlier today was that I wanted to have a private chat with someone while other people were in the chatroom. So I set it up and typed something in the private chat and then jumped back to the main chat and as soon as I typed something there, the private chat box disappeared. I don't know if this happens all the time, but it happened consistently today.

Oh by the way, I noticed that the moderators' aren't mention in the community membership list. Any reason for that or do those that dwell on Mount Olympus don't get counted as ordinary people? :wink2: