The new package have excessively loud warnings noise

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
@OVERBOARD every center has that one guy with the BT 550 who can't :censored2:ing stand management, yet chats with them incessantly from the minute the PCM is over, all day long, hits the dock, is unloading on the SatBack belt, his sup literally 5 feet away and they're still talking on the phone with each other

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
@OVERBOARD every center has that one guy with the BT 550 who can't :censored2:ing stand management, yet chats with them incessantly from the minute the PCM is over, all day long, hits the dock, is unloading on the SatBack belt, his sup literally 5 feet away and they're still talking on the phone with each other
Yes that true and very comical Ive seen it. My conference call is with coworkers and we solve world problems and what we watch on tv last night.

MisplacedRailWorker

Yes that true and very comical Ive seen it. My conference call is with coworkers and we solve world problems and what we watch on tv last night.
Wow. You guys probably wouldn't let me in the call. I wouldn't blame you either

Do you ever wonder what in the :censored2: it is they talk about? The weather? How deep he's gonna stick it in? I forgot to mention a key identifier for that character, he is always looking for a package. I mean Christ you wonder how the man gets stops off, you never see him drive deliver or anything. Just in the back of the PCM talking to the sup and then frantically throwing things around the truck cursing all day. Then he teleports back to the center

OVERBOARD

Wow. You guys probably wouldn't let me in the call. I wouldn't blame you either

Do you ever wonder what in the :censored2: it is they talk about? The weather? How deep he's gonna stick it in? I forgot to mention a key identifier for that character, he is always looking for a package. I mean Christ you wonder how the man gets stops off, you never see him drive deliver or anything. Just in the back of the PCM talking to the sup and then frantically throwing things around the truck cursing all day. Then he teleports back to the center
I’Il have to bring up your membership to the committee. They might vote me out and take you in. If I cant fix the noise issue.

From my experience it’s usually kiss asses on the safety committee talking about that they have seen other drivers doing. They also talk about what the gossip is with other drivers. Always have to be careful what you say around certain coworkers.

MisplacedRailWorker

I’Il have to bring up your membership to the committee. They might vote me out and take you in. If I cant fix the noise issue.

From my experience it’s usually kiss asses on the safety committee talking about that they have seen other drivers doing. They also talk about what the gossip is with other drivers. Always have to be careful what you say around certain coworkers.
You basically just answered my biggest question in life.

Thank you. I get it now.

And yeah :censored2: him I steer clear because he never leaves that :censored2: Package Car. just calls for help. not even 10:30 AM he needs help; I don't think he even sheets two packages a month. Just hands out the whole truck to driver after driver.

OVERBOARD

All of our 800’s are 3 years old or so but they all have one. We have a brand new 700 i haven’t driven yet. I’ll have to take a look at it.
Ok. The new P800,s all start with 700 now. I was told ran out of 800 numbers. Another bonus are the fans that come equip.
039C35F3-797B-4C3A-95D7-A4E46C576DAF.jpeg

Poop Head

Judge me.
The new package cars Hazard,Turn signal, Start up and E brake warning buzzer are loader than ever before and they where loud before. Everyone in my center agrees. Some drivers have turn down a new vehicle for this reason. When delivering the entire town can hear the hazard warnings are on. Has anyone had success in lowering the warning buzzer volume? I’m ready to bring in my tools and try to find the speaker myself. BTW I know about turning the dash lights off but that only works for the headlights on warning.
View attachment 312397

rod

Retired 22 years
The new package cars Hazard,Turn signal, Start up and E brake warning buzzer are loader than ever before and they where loud before. Everyone in my center agrees. Some drivers have turn down a new vehicle for this reason. When delivering the entire town can hear the hazard warnings are on. Has anyone had success in lowering the warning buzzer volume? I’m ready to bring in my tools and try to find the speaker myself. BTW I know about turning the dash lights off but that only works for the headlights on warning.
View attachment 312397
Good lord you guys have it cushy now days.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I haven't been in package for a long time but the newer Kenworth tractors can be quieted down by lowering the tilt steering all the way down, inserting a folded towel between the column and dash and raising it back up. This sounds stupid but makes a huge difference. This speaker is for collision avoidance but it might be worth a try.