The new package have excessively loud warnings noise

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
D834D71F-39EF-46B5-B553-FB7803F43302.jpeg

šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”ā˜¹ļø šŸ§”āœŠšŸ¼:censored2:šŸ¼

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So you make everything really loud and what does the driver do? He or she avoids safety items like 4 ways or lights.

Good going bozo's.

Last edited:

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
The new package cars Hazard,Turn signal, Start up and E brake warning buzzer are loader than ever before and they where loud before. Everyone in my center agrees. Some drivers have turn down a new vehicle for this reason. When delivering the entire town can hear the hazard warnings are on. Has anyone had success in lowering the warning buzzer volume? Iā€™m ready to bring in my tools and try to find the speaker myself. BTW I know about turning the dash lights off but that only works for the headlights on warning.
View attachment 312397
Your diad board placement is a safety hazard. Write it up.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Btw. Today is a great day, I was able to muffle the all the warning noises. During lunch I was able to find the source of both hazard and start up warning noise. Feel free to PM if you need any assist in finding the source. I can now deliver my route in state of tranquility, quiet, and harmony; absence of the most annoying sound in the world. The blue box as seen in the picture is the culprit for the hazard and signal noise and took the longest to find. Iā€™m still hearing the beeping noise.
EC0A8903-E87B-433C-A18B-9E85FD3A6251.jpeg

OVERBOARD

Good lord you guys have it cushy now days.
I lived your days and all I hear from my coworkers are how great the good old days were. The only noise problem we had was our knees cracking from the high step and shoulders popping from the rack and pinion steering.

ManInBrown

I haven't been in package for a long time but the newer Kenworth tractors can be quieted down by lowering the tilt steering all the way down, inserting a folded towel between the column and dash and raising it back up. This sounds stupid but makes a huge difference. This speaker is for collision avoidance but it might be worth a try.
Does this really work? Never heard this one. Iā€™m going to have to try it.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
The new package cars Hazard,Turn signal, Start up and E brake warning buzzer are loader than ever before and they where loud before. Everyone in my center agrees. Some drivers have turn down a new vehicle for this reason. When delivering the entire town can hear the hazard warnings are on. Has anyone had success in lowering the warning buzzer volume? Iā€™m ready to bring in my tools and try to find the speaker myself. BTW I know about turning the dash lights off but that only works for the headlights on warning.
View attachment 312397
Not a fan of the dash camera
where is the fan
It's nice they left the old diad holder for your phone

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Btw. Today is a great day, I was able to muffle the all the warning noises. During lunch I was able to find the source of both hazard and start up warning noise. Feel free to PM if you need any assist in finding the source. I can now deliver my route in state of tranquility, quiet, and harmony; absence of the most annoying sound in the world. The blue box as seen in the picture is the culprit for the hazard and signal noise and took the longest to find. Iā€™m still hearing the beeping noise.
View attachment 312506
Take a phillips screwdriver and remove the instrument panel. Look to the left side and there's a 2 inch little speaker that has a tiny hole in it. That hole needs a dab of silicone.
Again.......your'e welcome. Your eardrums will thank you.

OVERBOARD

Not a fan of the dash camera
where is the fan
It's nice they left the old diad holder for your phone
I still havenā€™t broken the habit of looking up for the back up camera. I too appreciate the old holder being left in place. Great for cell phone, call tags and etc. As for the fan. The package car came installed with two.
A736D424-99E3-4EDB-9EDB-8375894F4F7C.jpeg

OVERBOARD

Buy them books and send them to school and they still can't figure out sheet.
Take a phillips screwdriver and remove the instrument panel. Look to the left side and there's a 2 inch little speaker that has a tiny hole in it. That hole needs a dab of silicone.
Again.......your'e welcome. Your eardrums will thank you.
The problem has been fixed. I did it today during lunch. When I typed ā€œIā€™m still hearing the beepā€. I wasnā€™t clear. Itā€™s was from leaving the hazards on for 30 minutes while I was looking for the blue box that is the speaker. Again the problem has been rectified.
Thanks again

Last edited: