The Next American Revolution?

diesel96

With Democrats and the majority of Americans opposing Bush’s continuance of war in Iraq and his sword-rattling over alleged nuclear materials in Iran, he has now put in place power to arbitrarily and unilaterally impose martial law, suspend the Constitution, assume virtual dictatorial power, deploy under his command military forces into U.S. cities to round up citizens declared by his regime to be enemy combatants or security threats, and to retain control of all federal, state, local, territorial and tribal governments, military personnel, law enforcement agencies, and private sector organizations until he and/or a private non-governmental parallel agency of his making deems his declared state of emergency to be over.
With what has happened in America over the last six years under this corrupt, illegal regime, should anyone doubt that the Bush administration and its electively-doomed Republican Party is thinking seriously about imposing martial law?

The Regime of George W. Bush to enact and sustain a "petro-war" agenda(aka--War on Terror). What remains unclear is why anyone should assume that Bush and company have any intention of relinquishing control of that agenda. A distinct possibility exists that this administration will in fact implement martial law before January 20, 2009. America Beware!!

over9five

Staff member
WTF? I can't mention her name without some filter killing it?? Thats's a little much, isn't it?

agshhsjjjsSUSbdbbdhbdbIEhheheDRIVERkhshcxgsj

over9five

Staff member
Anyhow, She Who Shall Remain Unnamed said the same thing: Basicly that there will not be a Presidential election in 08 because President Bush will declare martial law.

Pollocknbrown

and a "petro-war" if its a war for oil why the hell am i paying 3.05 for a gallon of regular gas? i waste 6 bux a day (rounded) just going to my job and back. When you have sufficent proof that this was a war for oil, come talk to me, until then shut the hell up.

Sammie

So Bush simply ninja rolled his way onto the senate floor when nobody was looking. :ninja:

You read a lot of nonsense. What he did was revise the Insurrection Act of 1807....

last year....

The man has no more authority than most presidents have always had but it’s being misinterpreted by democrats who are trying to frighten the public about the laws that have always been there.

If you’re really interested in presidential powers, research Lincoln sometime. He jailed congressmen and senators and he also ordered troops and cannons to blast away at anti-war protesters in New York. And he was, of course, a Republican...

Overpaid Union Thug

I guess I'm not the only one that thought the scenario was foolishly rediculous. I'm not even a Bush fan but I wouldn't dare go as far as some of these left wing nuts are going with the bashing. Bush spoke today in Nashville, which is in my area, and many people were dissapointed with how he danced around, and in some cases totally dodged, some of the questions but I can safely assume that most of the dissapointed people in the crowd wouldn't come up with insane ideas such as the one presented to start this thread. It's almost laughable. I just want to know what Diesel96 had drank, smoked, or shot up, and if it was legal, before he presented us with his idea. If it involved a suppository (the movie "Trainspotting" comes to mind) than I don't want to know.

Pollocknbrown

So Bush simply ninja rolled his way onto the senate floor when nobody was looking. :ninja:

You read a lot of nonsense. What he did was revise the Insurrection Act of 1807....

last year....

The man has no more authority than most presidents have always had but it’s being misinterpreted by democrats who are trying to frighten the public about the laws that have always been there.

If you’re really interested in presidential powers, research Lincoln sometime. He jailed congressmen and senators and he also ordered troops and cannons to blast away at anti-war protesters in New York. And he was, of course, a Republican...

The funny thing about democrats, FDR, granted the 4 terms was not illegal, but most of his groups he created (sorry i cannot name them because history isnt my best subject) but a good majority of those programs he created to help America were in fact ILLEGAL. So before we brand republican presidents as bad, look at the democrats, they are just as sneaky, but atleast lincoln was within his right since martial law was declared to blast away anti war protesters.

wkmac

WTF? I can't mention her name without some filter killing it?? Thats's a little much, isn't it?

agshhsjjjsSUSbdbbdhbdbIEhheheDRIVERkhshcxgsj

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Over,
You just became the BC resident artist IMO because you've been the most creative to say the name most forbidden here.

:thumbup1:

And thanks for laugh too!

wkmac

And as to Diesel's original comments in this thread? Points of concern Diesel? I'll agree to that but I don't think the vision you suggest will happen with this adminstration as you suggest. Back in the 80's as FEMA was granted vast powers as a result of the grows conflict between the US and USSR, a gov't document was discovered called "Operation Gardenplot" (I think that was the name) and at the time especially in the rightwing, tax protestor so-called "Patriot Movement" the same suggestions were made of Reagan as you made of Bush.

Oddly also at the time, not a peep from the so-called left on this as for the most part the only clarion calls came from the extreme right which seemed odd as this was considered "Reagan Country" so to speak. With the tax movement, Reagan smashed his bridges with the 1982' TEFRA Act thus raising the spector of various conspiracy theories.

As much as I'd like for them to play this overt a game, I guess you could say from my point of view, "why pussyfoot around, let's just get it on and be done with it" these guys really are too smart to play that game and besides it really doesn't fit the public policy window at all. It's counter productive even for them if you believe in a gov't planned business model which I happen to believe.

Now if you are just throwing out a big wet juicy baited hook to see how many mullets strike? Nice job, you just caught your limit. I love the comedy of it.

But then again, you may have read this to set you off.
http://zmagsite.zmag.org/JulAug2007/bovard.html

On this one, I just disagree with the scenario for tons of good reason.

For Starters..........

:lol::lol::lol:

About 99.99999% of this website just rolled their eyes, heartbeats raced and blood pressures spiked as the thought of another book was about to hit the BC pages!

Have a good weekend suckers!

BTW: Tie, this one is gospel, even the comedy part!
:wink:

diesel96

Pollocknbrown said:
and a "petro-war" if its a war for oil why the hell am i paying 3.05 for a gallon of regular gas? i waste 6 bux a day (rounded) just going to my job and back. When you have sufficent proof that this was a war for oil, come talk to me, until then shut the hell up.[end quote]

Shut the hell up?Have you gone thru puberty yet? Do you still have pimples on your face rookie?. Learn how to debate!....
Iraq is sitting on a mother lode of some of the lightest, sweetest, most profitable crude oil on earth, and the rules that will determine who will control it and on what terms are about to be set.
Iraq's energy reserves are an incredibly rich prize.Iraq contains 112 billion barrels of proven oil reserves, the second largest in the world (behind Saudi Arabia), along with roughly 220 billion barrels of resources.
Iraqi oil is close to the surface and easy to extract, making it all the more profitable. Iraq can produce a barrel of oil for less than $1.50 and possibly as little as $1.Compared that with other areas where oil is considered cheap to produce at $5 per barrel or the North Sea, where production costs are $12 to $16 per barrel.
Iraq has more oil fields that have been discovered, but not developed, than any other country in the world.526 prospective drilling sites, just 125 have been opened.
But the "Holy Grail" of the Oil industry -- lies in Iraq's vast western desert. It's one of the last "virgin" fields on the planet, and it has the potential to catapult Iraq's western desert to "untold riches."

Throw in China,India,Russia all via-ing for oil rich partnerships and you do the math...Bush and Co may look like idiots when they speak "war on terrorist and "stay the course " rheteric(we all know he should have stayed in Afghanistan and Pakistan border) but logistically I gotta give him credit.

Sammie said:

So was the Fairness Doctrine revised..you guys were all up in arms over that!

over9five said:
Diesel96 is ***********.
Sammie said:
over9five said:
Would you like to clarify that 9five..w/o a moderater having to filter you....I will responed to you ...promise (Susie Driver?)

big_arrow said:
_Sounds too much like a crappy "B" movie that could be found in the Sci-Fi section of a Blockbuster or Hollywood Video. In the VHS section of course.[end quote]

"B" movie,Sci Fi section?....Try Documentary...Tivo Section

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Pollocknbrown said:
and a "petro-war" if its a war for oil why the hell am i paying 3.05 for a gallon of regular gas? i waste 6 bux a day (rounded) just going to my job and back. When you have sufficent proof that this was a war for oil, come talk to me, until then shut the hell up.[end quote]

Shut the hell up?Have you gone thru puberty yet? Do you still have pimples on your face rookie?. Learn how to debate!....
Iraq is sitting on a mother lode of some of the lightest, sweetest, most profitable crude oil on earth, and the rules that will determine who will control it and on what terms are about to be set.
Iraq's energy reserves are an incredibly rich prize.Iraq contains 112 billion barrels of proven oil reserves, the second largest in the world (behind Saudi Arabia), along with roughly 220 billion barrels of resources.
Iraqi oil is close to the surface and easy to extract, making it all the more profitable. Iraq can produce a barrel of oil for less than $1.50 and possibly as little as $1.Compared that with other areas where oil is considered cheap to produce at $5 per barrel or the North Sea, where production costs are $12 to $16 per barrel.
Iraq has more oil fields that have been discovered, but not developed, than any other country in the world.526 prospective drilling sites, just 125 have been opened.
But the "Holy Grail" of the Oil industry -- lies in Iraq's vast western desert. It's one of the last "virgin" fields on the planet, and it has the potential to catapult Iraq's western desert to "untold riches."

Throw in China,India,Russia all via-ing for oil rich partnerships and you do the math...Bush and Co may look like idiots when they speak "war on terrorist and "stay the course " rheteric(we all know he should have stayed in Afghanistan and Pakistan border) but logistically I gotta give him credit.

Sammie said:

over9five said:
Diesel96 is ***********.
Sammie said:
over9five said:
Would you like to clarify that 9five..w/o a moderater having to filter you....I will responed to you ...promise (Susie Driver?)

big_arrow said:
_Sounds too much like a crappy "B" movie that could be found in the Sci-Fi section of a Blockbuster or Hollywood Video. In the VHS section of course.[end quote]

"B" movie,Sci Fi section?....Try Documentary...Tivo Section

No...It would be in the "BS" Section.

over9five

Staff member
"Would you like to clarify that 9five..w/o a moderater having to filter you....I will responed to you ...promise (Susie Driver?)"

Sorry, Diesel, I wasn't swearing at you! In one of her last posts, SHE WHO SHALL REMAIN UNNAMED said something similar to your "this administration will in fact implement martial law before January 20, 2009."

I then found it incredulous that her nick was automatically censored. IE immediately, not by a moderator.

I will search for the post, but I bet I wont find it.....!

Sammie

Sammie said:

We live in dangerous times. Congress passed the Insurrection Act in 1807 to restrict the president’s ability to deploy the military and now the law allows martial law to respond to catastrophic events, natural disasters, epidemics, public health emergencies, terrorist attacks… This doesn’t sound so bad ...

And, BTW, the revision was cowritten by Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), the ranking Democratic member on the Senate Armed Services Committee and Sen. John Warner (R-VA). Sen. Teddy (D-MA) openly endorsed it and Rep.Duncan Hunter (R-CA), then-chair of the House Armed Services Committee, was a definite advocate.

Now, the Fairness Doctrine. I thought that was still under debate… It started in the 40’s, it was revoked in the 80’s, and since then there’s thousands of outlets for news from talk radio, cable and satellite TV and the net. Sounds like free speech has come a long way. So why do Durbin, Kerry, Feinstein, Pelosi and Hoyer want to reinstate this Doctrine, especially regarding radio broadcasts? Because they’re jealous as all hell!!! Meet the Press, ABC's This Week, CBS' Face the Nation, and Fox Broadcasting Co.'s Fox News Sunday have given Republicans and conservatives an edge over their Democratic counterparts for the last two years and Republicans produce quality, entertaining talk radio shows that the Democrats couldn’t match in a thousand years!

And as far as your Petro War, you don’t feel there’s any reason for US troops to continue protecting Iraq’s oil fields from falling under the control of terrorist extremists?

satellitedriver

The same issue was raised near the end of Clinton's tenure. Same story, just different political party.

"Paranoia strikes deep
into your heart it will creep.
It starts when you're always afraid
that the man will come and take you away."

Or, as I like to say," Beat the rush, worry now."

diesel96

"Would you like to clarify that 9five..w/o a moderater having to filter you....I will responed to you ...promise (Susie Driver?)"

Sorry, Diesel, I wasn't swearing at you! In one of her last posts, SHE WHO SHALL REMAIN UNNAMED said something similar to your "this administration will in fact implement martial law before January 20, 2009."

I then found it incredulous that her nick was automatically censored. IE immediately, not by a moderator.

I will search for the post, but I bet I wont find it.....!

Ok,I was unaware someone brought this up already,however I did not say "in Fact" just "distinct possibility","thinking Seriously" and "beware America"....

My vision is aware it's unlikely to happen(Wkmac),but eyebrows are being raised,bloodpressures are elevating,heart rates are excelerating not to put it past this particular rogue Administration defecating on the ideology of the majority of the American citizens.

[quote =Sammie}
We live in dangerous times. Congress passed the Insurrection Act in 1807 to restrict the president’s ability to deploy the military and now the law allows martial law to respond to catastrophic events, natural disasters, epidemics, public health emergencies, terrorist attacks… This doesn’t sound so bad ...

Sammie,who's to determine WHAT''S catastrophic,natural disasters,epidemic,etc.. to impose martial law?..A few in the Executive branch,?or Congress?Would'nt more heads from both political parties be better than a few heads from one party?

sammie said:
News Sunday have given Republicans and conservatives an edge over their Democratic counterparts for the last two years and Republicans produce quality, entertaining talk radio shows that the Democrats couldn’t match in a thousand years!

You hit it right on the nail Sammie,"Entertainment"talk radio.When I want real info I scurry the internet and watch muliple news programs.(and yes,Fox also ,just to get their spin on things)I try listening on my sat.radio in my tractor to some right wing radio but I end up cussing like a torretz patient on the DR. Phil show...

[quote-sammie]
And as far as your Petro War, you don’t feel there’s any reason for US troops to continue protecting Iraq’s oil fields from falling under the control of terrorist extremists?

I don't think it's a matter of protecting it from terrorist(Iraq Gov't and Army can do that)How about tapping it for them and helping them with production in return for a guarantee of inventory,meanwhile ,growing fustration and antaganism of tremendous long lines of Iraq citizens trying to buy gas at Gas Stations that has not been blown up.This is taking place in a country with the 2nd most oil rich reserves in the world.
Reason for US to continue protecting Iraq's oil fields you ask?
Simple..Logistics....I believe this Administration master plan is not to leave(by force if neccesary)...One oil reserve China won't deplete b4 US.

BTW....As I'm writing this were under Martial Law right now..Dick Chaney is in charge....Bush is under the scope getting a colonostopy for 2 hrs..god bless us!