The Policies That Failed

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Look at the racist rants of Trump's NYC buddy who hopes Obama dies and that Michelle goes back to the jungle. I won't dignify his statements by even mentioning his name. The Trump camp has "no comment", which means they are OK with it.

That's a new tactic this year. The Trump camp has been expected to address any and every comment and action made by anyone associated with him. I don't recall Obama (or anyone else) being handed a list of others' infractions and being told to disavow each and every one. Not that it would have mattered.

Trump's policies will benefit the aristocracy (read Fred S) for now, and ultimately, the Democrats, because 4 years of Trump will drive all of the minorities and folks who can't be bothered to vote to the polls, where they will vote Democratic, because Trump will prove the GOP is anti-worker, anti-union, racist, and anti-female. Reaganomics was a failure, and Trumpanomics is essentially the same pile of crap. The rich aren't going to do anything but buy nicer homes, new airplanes, cars and boats. They could care less about the common man. Just like Trump.

We'll see if the POS even lasts 4 years.

The same insight and understanding that led to claims that Hillary would walk all over him!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Trump's personal character is most troubling. He has a 5-second attention span, a terrible temper, and his need for revenge consumes him. Just ask those who have crossed him over the years. Trump never forgets a slight

Yep, he called Rosie "fat"!!!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Do you know what it means to be a populist politician? You're hung up on the billionaire thing. A populist plays to the masses, pledging to work in their best interest, whether he means it or not. Sure, all politicians pay lip service to the common man, but it's obvious who most of them represent. Trump said things that resonated with the working class, the middle class. Things most politicians wouldn't dare. And they got beat for it. Let's see if he'll back it up. Trump could actually cure cancer while reversing global warming and MFE would still hate him. When your ideology is based on hatred, you'll ultimately lose. People like MFE constantly say working class poor whites are hateful bigots, but who truly is hating who here? And who lost? Get over it and move on.
Do you people forget that trump lost the populist vote.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
He won the electoral college. That system has been in place for years and determines who gets the office. All you can do is win within the rules that are in place.
Again........ He lost the popular vote. You guys should use all this political knowledge you keep trying to tell me and apply it to your own brain. Trump lost the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote. He won by electoral college. Oldfart you do realize that more people actually voted for Clinton. Meaning he lost the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote. Do you understand what that means??

vantexan

Again........ He lost the popular vote. You guys should use all this political knowledge you keep trying to tell me and apply it to your own brain. Trump lost the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote. He won by electoral college. Oldfart you do realize that more people actually voted for Clinton. Meaning he lost the popular vote. Trump lost the popular vote. Do you understand what that means??
Do you understand that 50% of voters didn't vote? That California alone had 4 million vote for Clinton? That's the point of the electoral college, that all states matter, otherwise elections would be dominated by the largest states and metro areas. Didn't hear one complaint from Democrats about the electoral college until she lost. And there she was in, if I remember right on which debate, the second debate excoriating Trump for saying he might not accept the election results if she won. She went on and on about how important it is to uphold the democratic process. Guess she thought there was no way she would lose. He won, she lost, MoveOn.org.

It will be fine

Do you understand that 50% of voters didn't vote? That California alone had 4 million vote for Clinton? That's the point of the electoral college, that all states matter, otherwise elections would be dominated by the largest states and metro areas. Didn't hear one complaint from Democrats about the electoral college until she lost. And there she was in, if I remember right on which debate, the second debate excoriating Trump for saying he might not accept the election results if she won. She went on and on about how important it is to uphold the democratic process. Guess she thought there was no way she would lose. He won, she lost, MoveOn.org.
I believe the point is to emphasize he does not have a popular mandate. Despite running as a populist, the majority of voters choose someone else.

vantexan

I believe the point is to emphasize he does not have a popular mandate. Despite running as a populist, the majority of voters choose someone else.
If you look at it from the electoral college viewpoint, he won by the biggest margin in decades. The electoral college has been in place for more than 200 years. If Democrats are determined to win the presidency they should move to Red states to make their vote count. And don't forget that Republicans now control 2/3rds of state governorships and legislative bodies. When Obama came into office in 2008 the Dems had large majorities in both Houses. Look at it now. I'd say the Republicans have a clear mandate to affect change.

It will be fine

If you look at it from the electoral college viewpoint, he won by the biggest margin in decades. The electoral college has been in place for more than 200 years. If Democrats are determined to win the presidency they should move to Red states to make their vote count. And don't forget that Republicans now control 2/3rds of state governorships and legislative bodies. When Obama came into office in 2008 the Dems had large majorities in both Houses. Look at it now. I'd say the Republicans have a clear mandate to affect change.
Yes gerrymandering worked. Just look at North Carolina at what happens when republicans loose. They start to change the rules to retain power. Why try to appeal to more voters when you can just work to suppress the vote? The GOP is most concerned with power not actual governance. They claim government is a dysfunctional failure full of fraud and when they are in charge they make sure that's true.

vantexan

Yes gerrymandering worked. Just look at North Carolina at what happens when republicans loose. They start to change the rules to retain power. Why try to appeal to more voters when you can just work to suppress the vote? The GOP is most concerned with power not actual governance. They claim government is a dysfunctional failure full of fraud and when they are in charge they make sure that's true.
What happened in NC has nothing to do with the presidential election. Both sides knew the rules going in, Trump won based on those rules. I'm not defending him personally, he's a jackass. But he is the president, or will be soon. I just find it amusing that Trump was lambasted for saying he might not accept losing, and now the Dems are doing just that. It doesn't matter that he lost the popular vote, it only matters that he won the electoral college.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
What happened in NC has nothing to do with the presidential election. Both sides knew the rules going in, Trump won based on those rules. I'm not defending him personally, he's a jackass. But he is the president, or will be soon. I just find it amusing that Trump was lambasted for saying he might not accept losing, and now the Dems are doing just that. It doesn't matter that he lost the popular vote, it only matters that he won the electoral college.
Yeah I bet people are pissed. More people voted for Clinton yet oldafarts lord and savior won by technicality. That's usually what happens when you vote for something and it goes the other way. You get pissed off.