The Policies That Failed

BootsOnTarmac

Express -
Elimination of employee reviews affecting pay.
Elimination of recommendations or interviews from Managers, etc., prior to hiring.
Elimination of testing for lift / physical ability.
Elimination of high school requirement or GED for Handlers.
Elimination of shift differential pay.

Not necessarily a policy: No more getting rid of or penalizing bad employees that may result in a Manager getting a poor SFA.

My wish for 2017: If you are a part-time employee who clocks every week of the year over 35 hours, you become full time automatically. Vacations, sick days, personal days, floating holidays, all paid at 8 hours. You've earned it, you should get it.

Meat

Your nickname makes me hungry.

If you worked for express I would tell you to fear not, as there is a veritable cornucopia of culinary treats awaiting when you return to the station - soggy chicken, and some sort of, well, let's just charitably call them baked goods from the senior (per the usual, I'm the only one to tell the queen her food is HORRID, while all the supposed anti-company folk are kissing her ass; what a :censored2:ing joke, but I digress).

Last edited:

Meat

Express -
Elimination of recommendations or interviews from Managers, etc., prior to hiring.

Not necessarily a policy: No more getting rid of or penalizing bad employees that may result in a Manager getting a poor SFA.

My wish for 2017: If you are a part-time employee who clocks every week of the year over 35 hours, you become full time automatically. Vacations, sick days, personal days, floating holidays, all paid at 8 hours. You've earned it, you should get it.

Interesting observations; do you have any thoughts as to where the country went wrong?

BootsOnTarmac

Interesting observations; do you have any thoughts as to where the country went wrong?

Not for now. I'm sticking with the micro (Express), not the macro (Country).

I will say this; Since Express dropped the High school requirement for Handlers, they should have put in a program / assistance to help those frontline employees obtain a GED to allow them to move up in the company, similar to the higher education tuition reimbursement.

vantexan

Express -

Problem with that is that part-timers that work over 30 are doing so by choice. If a part-timer is being forced to work over thirty against his will he should get a lawyer.

BootsOnTarmac

I agree. Give those who want and get the hours by choice the opportunity to go full time. Why should they wait for HR to post a Full time position, when they are already working near or at full time hours? Some for years! FedEx saves a s-ton of money by not paying out 8 hours for vacation, sick, personal, holiday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree. Give those who want and get the hours by choice the opportunity to go full time. Why should they wait for HR to post a Full time position, when they are already working near or at full time hours? Some for years! FedEx saves a s-ton of money by not paying out 8 hours for vacation, sick, personal, holiday.

FedEx used to have a policy where you automatically went FT if you worked 10 consecutive weeks over 30 hours. Long gone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express -

This company has become an utter joke where it comes to "people policies". Please be assured that they will become more Draconian with the new administration. The best thing is to move-on to a better company if you can, OR go back to school on Fred's dime and then quit once you have your degree or certification.

There is no future at FedEx. The sooner you realize it, the better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What policies do you think Trump will institute?

The Trump administration picks for Cabinet posts are all anti-worker, anti-union, and Pro Big Business. These will directly and/or indirectly cause changes to FedEx policies IMO, none of which will be good for employees.

Trump=Open Season on workers.

Meat

The Trump administration picks for Cabinet posts are all anti-worker, anti-union, and Pro Big Business. These will directly and/or indirectly cause changes to FedEx policies IMO, none of which will be good for employees.

Trump=Open Season on workers.

How could that be? That guy from Texas says that Trump's election represents a populace movement. Wouldn't his policies benefit the general populace?

Oldfart

This company has become an utter joke where it comes to "people policies". Please be assured that they will become more Draconian with the new administration. The best thing is to move-on to a better company if you can, OR go back to school on Fred's dime and then quit once you have your degree or certification.

There is no future at FedEx. The sooner you realize it, the better.
Yet YOU keep on scanning that ID at the time clock every morning.

Oldfart

For someone that claims to only care about yourself, you sure seem to care where people work.
MFE tells people to quit the company or don't even apply or take the job if offered, yet he continues to work here. He is giving advice but why take his opinion serious if he doesn't take it. Kind of like a man complaining about how bad the service is at a restaurant while he eats there 5 days a week.

It will be fine

MFE tells people to quit the company or don't even apply or take the job if offered, yet he continues to work here. He is giving advice but why take his opinion serious if he doesn't take it. Kind of like a man complaining about how bad the service is at a restaurant while he eats there 5 days a week.
He, like you is topped out and has been for a long time. He has a better deal than any new hire gets or is likely to ever get. I have a pretty good deal as a contractor carrying little debt. I would caution most people against contracting fresh right now. The deal they would get with a large debt load wouldn't be worth the stress. Understand the difference?

Southeast Hoss

You have earned it but that doesn't mean FedEx gives it to you, they leave that up to the contractor.
Express -