The positive thread

P700slave

I just spent 2 weeks in a country adopting a little boy. They have NOTHING there. There is not enough infrastructure to handle the population. Not enough jobs. Its so sad. They have nothing to look forward too in life. The poverty is just so overwhelming. We are so blessed to live in the US and to have the jobs and opportunities we have. I know things get frustrating from time to time. But remember, we CHOOSE to work here. If your not happy, go somewhere else. Its ALL up to you.

My last day as a helper today, it's been a great ride and a great education about UPS. Drivers are the "face" of this company and are what has allowed this company to be in business for more than 100 years. I love that this forum was created as a way for you all to vent and be inappropriate when you need to because that allows you to go to work the next day and smile and nod at the customer while gathering new material to post here.

I realize that there are a lot of helpers out there that really have no business stepping foot onto a truck, it's not exciting to have them as peers. I hope there are enough good stories of kids who needed an opportunity and take advantage of it to make it worth something to each of you in the big picture.

I'm a little disappointed that I have to head back into my "real" life job now.

Happy New Year to all of you.