THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Stonefish

If the union controls the pension and healthcare without the company's involvement at all, they can nickle and dime us to death as they see fit to fund Hoffa's private jets. They can also begin to decrease our coverage gradually over time, claiming "sorry, this is getting more expensive due to rising costs so we're cutting back," when really they are just taking the money - that's how insurance works.
I have this theory of my own that the company had told the union, we are abandoning healthcare. We are not paying into it any longer. So the union said, well alright, we'll pay for it all... it will give us an excuse to double union dues and then some, when the insurance will only cost half of that. No problem, company, we'll take it. My local seems to be moving forward very slowly some plans to raise dues and am sure it will happen in the next couple years. I'm not saying the union is paying for everything without the company's help at all, or that the union is going to double everyone's dues... but I think it's on the horizon, because the union realizes it doesn't really need the company. Eventually it will just be an insurance and retirement financing firm that all UPS workers buy into, and abandon being our legal advocates. There's more money in finance than in labor.

Do you have any idea what you healthcare costs per week

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not true.
Your pension fund was sold to the company in 2008 and is now controlled jointly by UPS and the Teamsters.
This move could very well leave you with a reduced pension benefit at age 65 if you don't retire NOW.
What you said isn't true the transfer was in 2007 and on the other issue I'm not going to train you but you are wrong
Ok, sure you're right, it was late December of 2007.
I rounded up.
The second part is most certainly true when you consider the key word "could" in my post.
Presently UPS is guaranteeing our pension in the event that the Central States pension fund collapses, which is looking very likely.
This guarantee is only good for the duration of any one contract and "could" be taken of the table in any subsequent contact.
By the time many of us reach our planned retirement age, we "could" very well be staring at a reduced pension with no benefits.

Stonefish

I rounded up.
The second part is most certainly true when you consider the key word "could" in my post.
Presently UPS is guaranteeing our pension in the event that the Central States pension fund collapses, which is looking very likely.
This guarantee is only good for the duration of any one contract and "could" be taken of the table in any subsequent contact.
By the time many of us reach our planned retirement age, we "could" very well be staring at a reduced pension with no benefits.

Can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn.
How are you today

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I rounded up.
What were you drinking last night?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
If there's something I've learned is don't take business personal. Business is business. Someone takes it way to personal. Just saying.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If UPS controlled it, then they will screw you. If Teamsters controlled it, then they will screw you.

That's what I'm getting out of this discussion. Everyone is more afraid of change then anything else.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not true.
Your pension fund was sold to the company in 2008 and is now controlled jointly by UPS and the Teamsters.
This move could very well leave you with a reduced pension benefit at age 65 if you don't retire NOW.
My pension and h/w are controlled by local 344.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If there's something I've learned is don't take business personal. Business is business. Someone takes it way to personal. Just saying.
Is that why you asked me what I was drinking last night?
Does projecting your personal demons on me make you feel better?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Is that why you asked me what I was drinking last night?
Does projecting your personal demons on me make you feel better?
No but when you slip up with what you are doing at 12+am and call a new poster a name of a guy who's not on the forum anymore that seems kinda odd. Personal Demons? We all have them. My personal demons would make some crumble. Not me I flourish. You know what you did and that's good enough for me.

Stonefish

No but when you slip up with what you are doing at 12+am and call a new poster a name of a guy who's not on the forum anymore that seems kinda odd. Personal Demons? We all have them. My personal demons would make some crumble. Not me I flourish. You know what you did and that's good enough for me.

Pretty funny he admitted it was him. Not as smart as he thought.

Stonefish

Care to explain what was incorrect in what was posted?

Bubblehead knows he just wants to be negative and look for every reason to vote no. Although I don't agree with him it is his choice. What I don't agree with is the misinformation in attempt to get it voted down.