The religion of peace strikes again...

diesel96

Am I dense? I suppose that is relative. I will compare myself to you and say that no I am not dense. The Dimocrats have had a large majority in the House for two years now. They write the rules for every bill that comes up for a vote. It is impossible for the Republicans to "stall" something for two years given their small numbers. One would need to have a serious lack of mental ability to think otherwise. If the Dimocrats wanted to "provide health care" to city workers they could have easily included it in their "comprehensive" health care bill that has been signed into law.That Congressman made a fool of himself and now the entire nation knows it. If he wasn't so pitiful he would be entertaining.

I know it is impossible for you to understand but if the Dimocrats wanted this bill passed not only did they not need one single vote from a Republican there would be nothing any Republican congressman could have done to stop it. You may want to learn how a bill is moved through the US House before you try to be a victim and blame a Republican for the failures of your parties leadership. Since the speaker gets to set the amount of time for debate and also the number of amendments that can be offered your argument is almost as dense as the Congressman in the video.

If this is so important to you guys why was it not included in the previous health care bill? They found time to include many things not related to health care. They now want to act as if they somehow care for these people. This is some weak, pitiful stunt and an act of desperation by the Dimocrats to hold onto power they are losing.

Your starting to sound like Rep King, Repugs wanted to put in a lot of amendments that would affect things like the estate tax, capital gains taxes, Obamacare, Stimulus etc. They were told they'd be limited as far as amendments, and they didn't like it.
Remember, it's not compromise unless it's 100% your side's way. Anything less is just being unreasonable. So Rep's and a very small contingent of conservative Blue Dogs Dem's filibustered it, and King did his best to make it sound as though DEMS were the ones who didn't support the 9/11 responders. Which set Mr. Weiner off. Bottom line is 94% Dems supported it compared to only 7% Reps. 93% of spiteful Reps angry over the rejection of adding irrelevant amendments and crying over procedures required the House rules to push the bill thru with a 2/3 majority vote(not a simple majority) exposing a true barometer of compassion on releasing these funds to 9/11 first responders healthcare needs.

I do find this funny coming from you of all people as you have cried on here multiple times about the GOP spending to much money on our heroes. Another sad, weak, pitiful, contradictory standard you have.

Pay attention AV8, that's Pentagon spending and bad US Foriegn policy. I know it's in your nature as well as the GOP, to misrepresent anybody who begs to differ with you, but at least don't put words in my mouth.....

"We are not talking about cutting the money needed to supply American troops in the field. Once we send our men and women into battle, even in cases where we may have opposed going to war, we have an obligation to make sure that our servicemembers have everything they need."

For decades, the subject of military expenditures has been glaringly absent from public debate. Yet the Pentagon budget for 2010 is $693 billion -- more than all other discretionary spending programs combined. Even subtracting the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, military spending still amounts to over 42% of total spending.

av8torntn

So republicans hold no responsibility for this? I will refrain from blaming and will allow you to state what if any responsibility the right has in this.

Bush is not in the Congress and he cannot vote on this bill. Bush is not President and he cannot sign any bill into law or veto it. I know that is difficult for you guys to accept but that's life.

av8torntn

Repugs wanted to put in a lot of amendments that would affect things like the estate tax, capital gains taxes, Obamacare, Stimulus etc. They were told they'd be limited as far as amendments, and they didn't like it.

I do not know about your fantasy world but in the real world the Republicans can vote in lock step and they do not have enough votes to put any amendment on any bill. They do not have enough votes to stall any vote on any bill in the House.
If you do not like the way things are going you have nobody to blame but the Dimocrats.

av8torntn

Pay attention AV8, that's Pentagon spending and bad US Foriegn policy. I know it's in your nature as well as the GOP, to misrepresent anybody who begs to differ with you, but at least don't put words in my mouth.....

"We are not talking about cutting the money needed to supply American troops in the field. Once we send our men and women into battle, even in cases where we may have opposed going to war, we have an obligation to make sure that our servicemembers have everything they need."

Actually you are the one that should pay attention. The Dimocrats have sponsored several amendments to bills to cut all funding for troops in combat zones. That is exactly what we should be talking about.

av8torntn

Rep King (R) sponsored this bill.
It was his responsibility to gather GOP support. He failed and needs to be replaced by someone who can get the job done.

Actually that would be the responsibility of Clyburn. He is the Whip and it is his responsibility to gather votes for bill coming before the House for a vote. Don't worry I feel his days as majority whip are numbered.

bbsam

Staff member
Bush is not in the Congress and he cannot vote on this bill. Bush is not President and he cannot sign any bill into law or veto it. I know that is difficult for you guys to accept but that's life.
So republicans are blameless, as always?

av8torntn

So republicans are blameless, as always?

Again 12 voted with the Dimocrats on this bill. Even if all Republicans vote against a bill they cannot stop it. Even if all Republicans vote for an amendment to a bill they cannot force one.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The fun part is cooking them with some steaks and cab and watching ther smiles on the guests faces.
We did that once and it was such a cool evening.