The Sales Lead Again !!!!!!

swing_drv

This sales lead crap is getting old. I was told if I didn't turn one in management would have to come ride with me!! We get so much work thrown on us we don't have time to talk to anyone. Isn't that a sales person's job ?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
This sales lead crap is getting old. I was told if I didn't turn one in management would have to come ride with me!! We get so much work thrown on us we don't have time to talk to anyone. Isn't that a sales person's job ?

Yes and no. In theory, drivers are salespeople IMO. However, the reality has become that drivers are only delivery people, largely because of the amount of work they are given, again, IMHO. Really sad considering UPS was built by word of mouth. I think I read somewhere--maybe in Greg Niemann's book--that UPS didn't even have a marketing department until sometime in relatively recent memory--as in the '80's. I could be wrong. -Rocky

BigBrownSanta

Turning in sales leads isn't a problem...

One guy in my center turns the same topless bar every time they "require" us to turn in a sales lead.

Another guy turns in a sale lead for a business that is on the "Do Not Call List".

Quality or quantity? You get one or the other...

Gman24

Sales leads are very easy to get. If you go in and see packages that our competitors have delivered. That is a SALES LEAD. Just ask your customer if they care if you take the delivery label from the box or just write down the sender on a piece of paper, be sure to get a contact name if possible and a phone number. All we have to do at our center is turn in the address label and our supervisor takes care of the rest. Just be sure and put your employee ID on the label with your name that way you get credit for the lead. Sales leads don't just have to be from possible shippers on YOUR route.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They want the name of the person responsible for shipping. I have a 35 stop metro no clue who is in charge of shipping at any stop. Not my job. Too busy trying to meet the numbers. Take another 5.8 away, maybe then I'll start doing the salespeople's job.

Tyler Durden

Enlightend
Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions. Tell him; the liberator who destroyed my property has realigned my perception.

Sammie

Could someone interpret this for me?

Sorry to break it to you Leftinbuilding, but it means that...

You are not special.

You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Now hand over the stinking sales lead...:bored:

Leftinbuilding

Sorry to break it to you Leftinbuilding, but it means that...

You are not special.

You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Now hand over the stinking sales lead...:bored:

Oh OK, now I get it. :tongue_sm I never was any good at abstract.

yeah the wonderfull sales lead you will make money,secure your future,build the company...bs i work in manhattan in local 804 wich our pension has been cut.I turned in pleanty in my years thought i was gonna protect that pension cause if the co was making money we would be alright.BS........i heard we generated like 12 million more with all the new accts and they go cut the pension cause its under funded,but i know our ceo is gonna get a slice of pie or maybe the whole thing.Maybe mikey can cut his bonus and they can take some of that new money and help the people that keeps this ship afloat...sales lead...never again,and oh yeah "MAKE SURE YOU WORK SAFE"

Fnix

I got a sales lead and I'm not even a driver. My mom works at Wal-mart and told me some stuff about them wanting to switch to Fed-ex so I told UPS about the potential lose of service and was rewarded with $25 after a month.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I refuse to turn in a bogus sales lead just so my center manager or sup can attain a number. The only sales leads that have been turned in on my DIAD were done by supervisors. Matter of fact I received a credit card once in the mail from UPS for sales lead payment and gave it to the supervisor. Told him that he earned it .......... not me.