The Six day workweek

Overpaid Union Thug

Using TCDs to avoid hiring more full timers would be supplementing.
thats exactly what is happening here. My steward even told me that full timers needs to be on those routes. They’re avoiding hiring more 22.4 drivers. Tcds can turn down cover work whenever they want. What would happen if all tcds turn down Saturday work? Also, it’s not extra work, it’s work. Anything more then those set routes would be extra work. We have 58 full timers at our building and we only run 41 routes on Monday yet they always seem to have tcds driving. they only have 4 people on vacation this week yet they needed a couple tcds to drive. What do you think is happening there?
TCDs aren’t supplementing the workforce if they are covering for absences, vacations, or filling gaps in extra work coverage. Saturday work is extra work if there are no 22.4s (or not enough) available. In our case they haven’t been hired yet and even when they are we’ll still need RPCDs and TCDs to fill the gaps because they won’t hire all (9-12 in my center) of them at once.

In the southern if a TCD gets 156 reports (or whatever it is) then THAT is when they have supplemented the full timers and a grievance should be filed.

charm299

TCDs aren’t supplementing the workforce if they are covering for absences, vacations, or filling gaps in extra work coverage. Saturday work is extra work if there are no 22.4s (or not enough) available. In our case they haven’t been hired yet and even when they are we’ll still need RPCDs and TCDs to fill the gaps because they won’t hire all (9-12 in my center) of them at once.

In the southern if a TCD gets 156 reports (or whatever it is) then THAT is when they have supplemented the full timers and a grievance should be filed.
It says in the national that rpcds and 22.4s are to deliver ground on Saturday. its Not extra work, saturday is now considered a work day. They should have enough full timers to cover those routes. Tcds should cover those absences not be scheduled. Our supplement says a work week is 5 consecutive days. Management can adjust the work schedule to cover saturdays. Nobody should be scheduled for 6 days. There is not enough work in Monday’s for that.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm pretty sure voluntary 6th punch from regular drivers still supercedes forcing a 22.4 for a 6th in the the west. It may be beneficial for stewards to keep track of 22.4's that have worked since Monday and find volunteers to substitute them out Saturday. So long as management was notified before the start of Friday I see no reason why it cannot be done.

Overpaid Union Thug

It says in the national that rpcds and 22.4s are to deliver ground on Saturday. its Not extra work, saturday is now considered a work day. They should have enough full timers to cover those routes. Tcds should cover those absences not be scheduled. Our supplement says a work week is 5 consecutive days. Management can adjust the work schedule to cover saturdays. Nobody should be scheduled for 6 days. There is not enough work in Monday’s for that.

It’s extra work if there are no 22.4s hired yet, or there aren’t enough to cover the routes yet. That’s what’s going on at my center. Full timers are asked first. Then TCD’s. It is per the contract as I had shown you before.

charm299

It’s extra work if there are no 22.4s hired yet, or there aren’t enough to cover the routes yet. That’s what’s going on at my center. Full timers are asked first. Then TCD’s. It is per the contract as I had shown you before.
do you happen to be in Louisiana?

Overpaid Union Thug

do you not think part time cover drivers being forced to work 6 days a week for the last six months, not collecting a full time pension or having 9.5 protectio, is not supplementing the workforce?
If part-time cover drivers have exceeded the amount of reports required, in your supplement, to create more full-time jobs then yes. A steward and/or business agent should be all over that. The better ones should even be able to get the seniority dates of the new hires (hired as a result of those reports) backdated if they have been working so much.

charm299

If part-time cover drivers have exceeded the amount of reports required, in your supplement, to create more full-time jobs then yes. A steward and/or business agent should be all over that. The better ones should even be able to get the seniority dates of the new hires (hired as a result of those reports) backdated if they have been working so much.
Our business agent said they weren’t going to do anything about this until October to see how volume goes. I tried getting an updated seniority list and I couldn’t even get that. I have a grievance for not being paid for christmas day that still hasn’t been settled.