Sean O’Brien asks the White House to not intervene if Teamsters go on strike

HarryWarden

The other threads about contract negotiations are talking about the civil war and slavery somehow so I figured maybe good to talk about this in a separate thread

From what I understand, the White House can not intervene in a strike as we don’t fall under the Railway Labor Act, but when asked about the White House stepping in, O’Brien has said he has asked the White House multiple times to stay away

“My neighborhood where I grew up in Boston, if two people had a disagreement and you had nothing to do with it – you just kept walking,” O’Brien said.

“We don’t need anybody getting involved in this fight,” he said.”

As far as I know, negotiations are still stalled and there has been no other talks. Both sides accuse the other of leaving the negotiations. Teamsters say that UPS knows what they need to do, but UPS says they have “no more left to give” and they have announced to customers that this week they have begun training non union employees in order to keep operations running “incase Teamsters choose to strike”

HarryWarden

He's starting to act and sound like a mob boss rather than a union leader. Put on your big boy pants and pick up the phone and start negotiations again.
I’m glad he’s being tough. UPS has had enough time with weak union leaders. That phone goes both ways and UPS is free to pick it up also

vvv

He's starting to act and sound like a mob boss rather than a union leader. Put on your big boy pants and pick up the phone and start negotiations again.
Seeing that I grew up with some heavy hitters in my neighborhood who went into that profession.....I'll gladly accept his mob boss ways.

DOK

They need to get in a room, lock the door and hammer this out, both of them owe it to us employees, neither exists without us.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Funny, anyone recall Sean standing up for the thousands of union pipeline workers when Biden put them out of work first thing?

ieUa9IFBX5uD.jpg

I GOT ONE MORE

The die hard union people here are gonna start singing the blues around August ….22,23 maybe.

Entitled much?
You will find out, how good you HAD it.
Finding out, figuring out…..this fun fact will enlighten you to the real world of other jobs.
And what and how they pay.
O’Brien is a 100% militant :censored2: and will ruin what you’ve taken for granted, for years.

I have pity for the folks that realize these words and antipathy for those that deserve it.

Thebrownblob

The die hard union people here are gonna start singing the blues around August ….22,23 maybe.

Entitled much?
You will find out, how good you HAD it.
Finding out, figuring out…..this fun fact will enlighten you to the real world of other jobs.
And what and how they pay.
O’Brien is a 100% militant :censored2: and will ruin what you’ve taken for granted, for years.

I have pity for the folks that realize these words and antipathy for those that deserve it.
Die hard? We wouldn’t have any of this stuff if we didn’t have the union, and if we don’t continue to push the company to give us good contracts the Job won’t be worth having. So get back to licking the boots of your masters. Go ahead and blame blue-collar America for trying to at least keep up with inflation, while the rich get richer and leave us behind.

I GOT ONE MORE

Die hard? We wouldn’t have any of this stuff if we didn’t have the union and if we don’t continue to push the company to give us good contracts the Job won’t be worth having. So get back to licking the boots of your masters. Go head and blame blue-collar America for trying to at least keep up with inflation, while the rich get richer and leave us behind.
I don’t disagree with anything you just stated, except for the boot licking.
You deserve REASONABLE compensation and representation.
You are about to be OUT OF A JOB.

Thebrownblob

I don’t disagree with anything you just stated, except for the boot licking.
You deserve REASONABLE compensation and representation.
You are about to be OUT OF A JOB.
And once again, you have no idea what we’ve been offered, and what’s has been denied. So you just assume it was reasonable? The ultimate definition of a bootlicker.

Last edited:

I GOT ONE MORE

And once again, you have no idea what we’ve been offered m, what has been denied. So you just assume it was reasonable? The ultimate definition of a bootlicker.
Thanks, I appreciate the rational debate. UPSers work hard. I did it for 30 years.
But it is a stellar job with above average pay and benefits people would love to have.
Maybe you are already retired, I don’t know
But most folks have no idea WHAT they have until they lose it.
Time for more boot 👅 ing
Most if you here, really are quite clueless.