The Time Is Right For A National Sick Day

bbsam

Staff member
Just generally be uncooperative. Smile and be unavailable to help out the noobie drivers. Be unavailable to pick up bulks. Don't answer your phone from any member of management. Don't turn in sales leads. Don't do anything that isn't a drivers job. WAD and slow down. It's already a known fact that busting your tail only gets your goals increased. If your manager complains, tell him your route has changed and you need a check ride. (Be extra slow, extra safe and take extra time with your customer interactions. )
I don't think an organized one day sickout would have near the effect of a slowdown during peak. It's important that fedex first sees we have the participation to pull it off.
Peak this year is already shaping up to be an epic fail. Why steal the blame from management? That is just how it would play out in the press if there was a sickout on the 23rd.
I have a guy like that! Guess what route he's going on right after peak...;)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Also, PM the shills with the wrong dates.

bueller.jpg

Reattempt tomorrow

Why would you want to do on a Tuesday? Freight is already gonna be late by two hours that day. Screw em and do it on a day when freight is always on time. I already have my sick day scheduled on the 22nd. That way you also get a two day weekend. Don't worry about me I need to see the Dr anyways so I have an appointment that day as well.

bigbird00

I like the idea,but Dec 23 I would not choose that day as a courier because if you don't deliver that day guess what its gonna be there on the 24th.My opinion would be Dec 26.Why? Well there will be minimal management.Most of the senior drivers will be off and you know they will try to run the op. like a monday and the Hubs will be the same short staffed.MTIII will be back in Chicago smoking cigars,The Executives all long gone.DD all on vacation and regional VP's when are they around? never. Dec. 26th sounds like the perfect storm.

hypo hanna

I like the idea,but Dec 23 I would not choose that day as a courier because if you don't deliver that day guess what its gonna be there on the 24th.My opinion would be Dec 26.Why? Well there will be minimal management.Most of the senior drivers will be off and you know they will try to run the op. like a monday and the Hubs will be the same short staffed.MTIII will be back in Chicago smoking cigars,The Executives all long gone.DD all on vacation and regional VP's when are they around? never. Dec. 26th sounds like the perfect storm.
I like the way you are thinking except a lot of drivers can't afford to loose the holiday pay for the 25th.

Artee

I'll support you all the way and will be right behind you. Way behind you until I see what happens to your job.

Nothing will happen to their jobs. Unless they already have 2 letters. Per managers I have spoken to, letters will be issued to anyone who calls in sick on an organized sick out day. Make sure you use a Kin Care day if available in your state.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nothing will happen to their jobs. Unless they already have 2 letters. Per managers I have spoken to, letters will be issued to anyone who calls in sick on an organized sick out day. Make sure you use a Kin Care day if available in your state.

Hmm, now why ever would the fine hourly employees of this great company resort to a sick out? After all Fedex IS a People Service Profit company (in that order), isn't it? Lol. I wonder why that would even come up in a conversation where they would talk about a warning letter?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep. His response to my statement of it being a slap in the face to FedEx employees was... They don't get benefits and they won't have a job after Peak. My response... FedEx once again trying to polish a turd.
Yeah that's complete crap. I hope you guys get organized but I'm afraid the IBT has become so weak they wouldn't do you much good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like the way you are thinking except a lot of drivers can't afford to loose the holiday pay for the 25th.

That's why I recommended 12-23. The 26th doesn't work because it's all going to be late anyway. On the 23rd, it would really kill them, and the bad publicity would be priceless. I can hardly wait for the media attention over this years FAIL.

dezguy

That's why I recommended 12-23. The 26th doesn't work because it's all going to be late anyway. On the 23rd, it would really kill them, and the bad publicity would be priceless. I can hardly wait for the media attention over this years FAIL.
But like Hypo said, by doing it on the 23rd, you're letting FedEx off the hook. It just gives them a scapegoat to blame, for all the people who don't get their package by Christmas, when we all know the real reason.

And people being the way they are, will side with the company and blame us employees even though we all know better and they don't see the mess this company is.