The @turdferguson answer thread

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I just did a walk thru tour of my local UPS facility. So, how long do I have to wait to be hired on and eventually drive the 18 wheelers and make the BIG bucks?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My pay stub says I worked 32hrs but I had training two weeks ago. Is this part of my training? Also how do I transfer to San Diego from New Jersey, I heard I have to quit and get rehired? Will they rehire me? What does Ivan put in his lunch pail? Does future wear a mask when delivering?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Ok, so i'm coming here because of the generic answers we always get from UPS. Also, i understand any answer is off the record, just needing a little info so we can figure which way we need to head. This info is for my primary job, not my pt at UPS.

My company every year has multiple mass shipments for another company. Every year (this year has been the worst though) we have multiple exceptions where it states business is closed. The shipments are ground, and the times where the exception is entered is 4:30 am to 6:00 am. For example one specific one im looking into is Pottsville, PA, 5:16am, business is closed. seeing a few from TN and NC also as well as others. Is this the hub pulling stuff to cover their butts for something or is there actually ground drivers out that early in places? Thanks.
Did this happen on a holiday? If it is a holiday they would be sheeted as closed by the preload. And this not to say that it could not have been done in error also, but delivery attempts are done during normal business hours. 9 till 11.59, and 1301 till 17:00 or 5:00 pm

MyTripisCut

Did this happen on a holiday? If it is a holiday they would be sheeted as closed by the preload. And this not to say that it could not have been done in error also, but delivery attempts are done during normal business hours. 9 till 11.59, and 1301 till 5:00 pm
Is 5:00 pm the same as 17:00??

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My pay stub says I worked 32hrs but I had training two weeks ago. Is this part of my training? Also how do I transfer to San Diego from New Jersey, I heard I have to quit and get rehired? Will they rehire me? What does Ivan put in his lunch pail? Does future wear a mask when delivering?
It may, only educational purposes unless you quit, they may, dry seaweed, shrimp, and peas, but it is a bucket not a pail. If not he should

MyTripisCut

I find the value of this thread immeasurable. Now I can keep an eye on NF2, two words, what annoys people, and what am I listening to 4 & 5, all while getting answers from ups issues. Great thread!

BrownBrokeDown

Did this happen on a holiday? If it is a holiday they would be sheeted as closed by the preload. And this not to say that it could not have been done in error also, but delivery attempts are done during normal business hours. 9 till 11.59, and 1301 till 17:00 or 5:00 pm
Just checked. This batch came through this morning, rescheduled for tomorrow due to "business closed today at 5:16am" etc. any other ideas? we're really trying to pinpoint this because its and every year thing.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Just checked. This batch came through this morning, rescheduled for tomorrow due to "business closed today at 5:16am" etc. any other ideas? we're really trying to pinpoint this because its and every year thing.
We have issues here with other business stops getting swept up into known close along with schools that are on spring break. Is this place by a school? But I would definitely call UPS to get a refund on shipping for this

oldngray

nowhere special
We have issues here with other business stops getting swept up into known close along with schools that are on spring break. Is this place by a school? But I would definitely call UPS to get a refund on shipping for this

Or if there is another business in the same building that is closed.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
hi guys i'm part time and have used all 5 of my personal/sick days. we get the new days starting may 1st but can't make it into work today.

can I be discplined if I call out? i also have 2 option days, could I use one of them for today without notice?
What region are you in? Would need to know that because each supplement is different

oldngray

nowhere special
not help.jpg

BrownBrokeDown

Thanks old and turd. Knowing they didnt leave the building and basically would have been scanned as a known closed is the starting point sales needed. Appreciate the help.