The unexpected is now expected more than ever

moreluck

golden ticket member
I make exceptions for older, bored, narrow minded, highly opinionated, TMZ watchin', Enquirer readin' California housewives.

Bored?
While you were thinking up adjectives for your description of me, I was at Mission Hospital Imaging having a CT Scan...........now,who do you think was bored ???????????????

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bored?
While you were thinking up adjectives for your description of me, I was at Mission Hospital Imaging having a CT Scan...........now,who do you think was bored ???????????????

Typical retired person. Going to the doctor and having some procedure because they are bored and need attention. Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Typical retired person. Going to the doctor and having some procedure because they are bored and need attention. Whoops, did I say that out loud?

I assume this was made in jest ... may I suggest using a Smiley face in the future.
Maybe a few dozen smiley faces on your posts might get you out of the RED.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've been set straight. Not knowing Moreluck's situation(who reads 24,700 posts?)I may have crossed the line and have apologized to Moreluck. That being said, one cannot disagree that our older folks use the doctor visit for attention and entertainment. It might not be that way if it wasn't free for them. :happy2::greedy:

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been set straight. Not knowing Moreluck's situation(who reads 24,700 posts?)I may have crossed the line and have apologized to Moreluck. That being said, one cannot disagree that our older folks use the doctor visit for attention and entertainment. It might not be that way if it wasn't free for them. :happy2::greedy:

Wait until you go in for your 1st colonoscopy and then you can tell us how you did it just for the "attention and entertainment value". But then you probably will enjoy it.

bbsam

Staff member
Wait until you go in for your 1st colonoscopy and then you can tell us how you did it just for the "attention and entertainment value". But then you probably will enjoy it.

Wasn't their a video years ago of Katie Couric having one? I'm all for awareness and all, but thought that went a bit far. Oh, then we had some local news jack pull the same thing. I think he did enjoy it if I remember correctly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, did you all miss Kathy Griffin's televised pool side pap smear ??? It's how she's able to stay on the "D" list. !!

Shoot, I don't care how they do it, just get people's attention to get all the cancer screenings available out there.

Nimnim

The Nim
:sick:

I'd pay good money to ensure I never see Kathy Griffin getting a pap smear. Heck, I'll pay to ensure I never see anyone getting a pap smear.

Some things I just don't need to see. Though cancer awareness is a good thing, there's just gotta be better ways to get the word out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually a colonoscopy is nothing to get shook up about. You're knocked out colder than a cucumber anyway and won't remember a thing. The night before, after you take the "clean out drugs", is a different story though:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
Actually a colonoscopy is nothing to get shook up about. You're knocked out colder than a cucumber anyway and won't remember a thing. The night before, after you take the "clean out drugs", is a different story though:happy2:

IE, stay home and near the bathroom. Been there, done that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its ok to make fun of old people here, but not OUR OLD people, and you know who you are, and Moreluck isnt an old people.
And I see far more young, middle aged people who dont pay a dime for medical care, who are on Medicaid, and SSI, than I do OLD people who worked all their lives, and have to pay copays, and monthly premiums for their medicare. I even have an office who had to put a sign up, that tells medicaid patients they are limited to 1 visit a week. 1 vist a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I havent been to the doc in years, I dont have time, other than my DOT physical. If you are that sick you belong in a nursing home, not living on your own. And a resident who calls an ambulance at least once a week.
You are totally correct though, if you dont pay, you dont care. So it rolls on, Percentage of Income Plans for the "poor" for utilities, free housing, free food. And money free for all the extras, like cell phones, manicures, hairdos, and drugs alcohol and cigarettes. Ok now I have officially ranted!