Theres a FB post claiming a Helper stabbed and killed a driver in CT

Yolo

"🚨BREAKING REPORT
Rt 8 N Waterbury/Watertown border. UPS driver was stabbed and deceased, possibly by the "helper". Helper is on foot with state police dogs looking for suspect across the naugatuck river to the dmv area with Waterbury PD looking all over the Waterville area."

Est.1998

How did UPS's knife policy not prevent this? Truly puzzling.
If the driver was allowed to carry a knife this would've been the outcome:

1608720868061.jpeg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
This isn't surprising. Many years ago I had both admitted ex-cons and drug dealers as helpers.

UPS does not care to do proper background checks on someone who will only be at the company for 30 days.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
"🚨BREAKING REPORT
Rt 8 N Waterbury/Watertown border. UPS driver was stabbed and deceased, possibly by the "helper". Helper is on foot with state police dogs looking for suspect across the naugatuck river to the dmv area with Waterbury PD looking all over the Waterville area."

this isnmy center. will verify today

1080Driver

4 years ago I got a different helper one day that would work with me all day. It's a usual day working with someone you have nothing in common with. At lunch he's on his phone and says something that made me figure he was no altar boy. At 6:00 he asks what time we'll be done. I say it looks like about 8:15-8:30 we'll punch out. He says that's no good because he's got to be home by 7:00 and proceeds to show me his ankle bracelet. Took him straight to the closest bus stop & never saw him again.

nWo

The only newslink I've seen. People are claiming it's accurate in the comments on the ups FB pages. But nothing has been confirmed.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
just pulled in. news is here filming.

prayers for my union brother or sister.

i call for the IMMEDIATE halt and cancellation of ALL map tracking of packages offered online. no more tracking us at all. MAJOR SECURITY.

i will report more as i learn.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
just pulled in. news is here filming.

prayers for my union brother or sister.

i call for the IMMEDIATE halt and cancellation of ALL map tracking of packages offered online. no more tracking us at all. MAJOR SECURITY.

i will report more as i learn.

How is getting rid of map tracking going to keep a helper that is riding in the jump seat from stabbing the driver he’s riding with?

Waterbury is a rough area, but definitely not the worst. I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often. I'm from a nearby center and was told it was the helper who stabbed the driver. And the driver called 911. Always sad when stuff like this happens right before Christmas. I hope he didn't have any kids.