Theres a FB post claiming a Helper stabbed and killed a driver in CT

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hearing from someone around the area they said it all started over a $50 tip. (Argument over who should get it, the driver who delivers there year round or the helper who delivered the day of the tip)
Defund = Psych helper. Not seeing it. Not fan of defund. My cousin is an officer. Pray for driver.
Definitely a good argument for destroying all of capitalism above simply defunding the police.

BrownStains

The company shouldn’t be forcing helpers on us every year. This was the first year that I haven’t had A helper because of Covid . The past couple years Though I only had one for a few days because they busted my chops over it. Every year though I tell them I don’t want helpers and have had them force me , threaten me, to take one in some previous years . All because they want to dump more stops on you . It should be our choice if we want to work without , if the route doesn’t get done then adjust the route. We don’t know these people and I don’t need company anyway . If you got somebody you know then that’s cool I’m all for it . Also , before I was a driver I worked on preload and was a helper for many years with various drivers , so I know what it was like . But , they need to quit forcing it , if you want one then take one but if you don’t then that should be the end of it .

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Damn SMH what could have possibly led to this ?
If I were to take a wild guess, the helper looks like a meth addict definitely a dope user… Probably got caught going through the driver’s wallet. Anyone who ever drove a UPS truck knows that there is a certain amount of comfort of leaving your wallet on the dashboard, you trust that nobody that you’re working with will go through it. He was probably embarrassed and high so he decided to stab the driver he was working with

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If I were to take a wild guess, the helper looks like a meth addict definitely a dope user… Probably got caught going through the driver’s wallet. Anyone who ever drove a UPS truck knows that there is a certain amount of comfort of leaving your wallet on the dashboard, you trust that nobody that you’re working with will go through it. He was probably embarrassed and high so he decided to stab the driver he was working with
I can honestly tell you I have never left my wallet anywhere but in my pocket. Even in the tractor when I’m the only one in it and I lock the damn door behind me every time I leave it unattended. I’m home right now, have been for hours. Wallet is still in my pocket.

watdaflock?

Hearing from someone around the area they said it all started over a $50 tip. (Argument over who should get it, the driver who delivers there year round or the helper who delivered the day of the tip)
A UPS driver who made at least $20k a year lost his life over a $50 tip. The idiom 'dead right' has a new meaning.

8879E88917094D60BC7FB3D09599D4C5.jpg

MisplacedRailWorker

If it’s heroin were talking about, I don’t care if it was five cents. The driver was dead from the get go
Heroin is the only drug that I’ve never seen anyone come back from, at all. I grew up in three separate drug infested areas… Never saw anybody truly “come back“ from opiate addiction… I’ve had friends steal from me, and that’s pathetic because that’s a really tiny score… Just to get their fix on dope.

MisplacedRailWorker

Heroin is the only drug that I’ve never seen anyone come back from, at all. I grew up in three separate drug infested areas… Never saw anybody truly “come back“ from opiate addiction… I’ve had friends steal from me, and that’s pathetic because that’s a really tiny score… Just to get their fix on dope.
Everybody please, re-read this, and notice the part where they stole from me… So we’re talking like seven bucks

35years

Gravy route
Never taking a helper again.

It was bad enough last year, I had a helper who did not believe in taking showers.

I have had some very unbalanced people as helpers over the years.

35years

Gravy route
Hello everyone, Elijah Bertrand is my little brother (child of 4). Just wanted to add a note.

I feel terrible for the family and everyone affected by his actions. Sincerely. It's unexpected for all parties involved. My brother has never been violent, I doubt the kid has ever been in a fist fight in his life. As far as I remember growing up, he has never acted out in anger, aggression, or any other barbaric emotion I can think of. He's always been pretty reserved, super chill, a bit shy, and a pleasure to have around in the family. He's a great conversationalist and an incredible guitar player (seriously he's REALLY good).

We come from a great home, great family. We weren't particularly poor, we were never abused, we all played sports, did "average" in school, no drugs (other than occasional marijuana), and so on... We have no idea what would have provoked this type of action from Elijah. I don't see my little brother as a murderer or criminal, from my view it's just a one-off absolutely disgusting mistake... Then again I'm sure others on the outside have formed different opinions. I don't see him from the terrible mugshot photos, I see him from the family pictures hung up in my livingroom.

There are a lot of discussions here regarding prevention, which is totally understandable. But I am not sure if this could have been prevented in any way. Elijah is really a great kid with an awful lot to offer the world, especially in the field of music, and besides this one action I have nothing negative to say about him. It's really just sad, for everyone.

Thanks for reading.
If you have questions, I'll follow this thread for a little bit.
Prayers said for your brother in addition to ones said for the poor victim and his family.

If he was using, it can take control of anyone.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
People do come back. But it’s not common.

ManInBrown

The company shouldn’t be forcing helpers on us every year. This was the first year that I haven’t had A helper because of Covid . The past couple years Though I only had one for a few days because they busted my chops over it. Every year though I tell them I don’t want helpers and have had them force me , threaten me, to take one in some previous years . All because they want to dump more stops on you . It should be our choice if we want to work without , if the route doesn’t get done then adjust the route. We don’t know these people and I don’t need company anyway . If you got somebody you know then that’s cool I’m all for it . Also , before I was a driver I worked on preload and was a helper for many years with various drivers , so I know what it was like . But , they need to quit forcing it , if you want one then take one but if you don’t then that should be the end of it .
Helpers are only beneficial on certain routes. For me personally, it was a help. The neighborhoods I delivered in were very affluent and the houses were far from the street. I walk everything off. Never pulled in any driveways. So when I had a helper and he was walking a stop off, I was looking for the next few. If you have a route where the houses are 5 steps away from the street, helpers are useless. I’ve heard people say they’ve had helpers where they could drop them off in a neighborhood with the hand truck and 20 stops. I never once had a helper where I would feel comfortable doing that. If I was still in package I would have flat out refused to use one this year because of Covid.