Things that really annoy me or pet peeves

over9five

Staff member

Add "lawyers".

Would that be a good lesson to have a living trust for yourself & wife?......or do you want to totally frustrate the hell out of your kids? I think I could go either way. (payback's a beeatch!)

EVERYBODY should see a lawyer to determine the best way to leave your estate to your children without losing thousands of dollars to the taxman.

I plan to do this at least a week before I pass.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Add "lawyers".

EVERYBODY should see a lawyer to determine the best way to leave your estate to your children without losing thousands of dollars to the taxman.

I plan to do this at least a week before I pass.
You have to play the "senior game". When you get ads in the mail for free dinners at fancy-ass places and you just have to listen to a seminar.....book 'em Danno!

You get great eats in restaurants a few cuts above Taco Bell and all you have to do is say "No" to their presentation & products!

Then after you get a will/trust in place, you'll get bombarded by the same seminar ads at fancy restaurants where you can learn all about Medicare. Book 'em and get your fill of prime rib!!

And When we were younger we went to every seminar on time share ownership, collected all kinds of gifts....like TVs, luggage, appliances, etc and we got to see beautiful places in Park City, Jeremy Ranch, etc. All we had to do was say, "No". Oh, they hated that 'no'. Didn't care, because they kept mailing us that crap and we got all we could get from those hi-powered sales-rats!

rod

Retired 22 years
The guy sitting on his porch at 2 in the afternoon drinking a beer. That says oh here comes the guy making the big bucks. Get off your :censored2: you lazy bum and you could make some money too!!!! I'm sure my taxes paid for the Busch light in your hand.

I keep an empty beer can by the garage door so when the UPS guy pulls up I can grab it and meet him with a beer in my hand. I think they believe I have a drinking problem. Sometimes I ask if its hot enough or cold enough for them----Damn I use to hate that question.

over9five

Staff member
Man, the fracken saga goes on and on. The Probate's done, so I thought "Nice, I can close next week!"

Nope, the selling (family) attorney apparently forgot to do something. Now we're back to "several more weeks".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People that don't use turn signals and just roll through stop signs. I'm amazed how many people and complete disregard for the laws on the road.

Saddle Crook

Things that really annoy me or pet peeves What really annoys you? The fact the UPS thinks they are important to society when it reality they are meaningless!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Submitting a sales lead that took 50 nda from Fed ex daily, and being told it was an incorrect funnel entry. What the heck is that. And not being able to get an answer.
if I dont get credit, Im all done with leads.

CharleyHustle

People that don't use turn signals and just roll through stop signs. I'm amazed how many people and complete disregard for the laws on the road.

I get a real kick out of people who turn the signal on after they start turning. By not turning it on at all you tell everyone you are lazy, when you turn it on after you start turning it says I'm stupid too.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Submitting a sales lead that took 50 nda from Fed ex daily, and being told it was an incorrect funnel entry. What the heck is that. And not being able to get an answer.
if I dont get credit, Im all done with leads.
That would be worth a letter to HQ. Remember. We aren't the only ones who have to submit these.
I think management has a quota. At least, that was a rumor.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That would be worth a letter to HQ. Remember. We aren't the only ones who have to submit these.
I think management has a quota. At least, that was a rumor.
I gave the info to my center manager. Im sure the multiple leads I have put in for this company, will have no bearing either. Get mad at fed ex, I wait while they shipped with me. Fed ex chick wouldnt wait for more pkgs, I did. Fed ex showed up too early, wouldnt come back, I came back for them. But now that it is a done deal....make up the rules as you go along. 50 nda from a place I used to get one, and I get more hours. No "award card" Real motivator there. Ill make sure I put in leads. You got a better chance of seeing God.
Supposedly when your pick up volume, and deliver volume increases, they change the dispatch........Thats why I punched out at 830. Yeah that works.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I gave the info to my center manager. Im sure the multiple leads I have put in for this company, will have no bearing either. Get mad at fed ex, I wait while they shipped with me. Fed ex chick wouldnt wait for more pkgs, I did. Fed ex showed up too early, wouldnt come back, I came back for them. But now that it is a done deal....make up the rules as you go along. 50 nda from a place I used to get one, and I get more hours. No "award card" Real motivator there. Ill make sure I put in leads. You got a better chance of seeing God.
Supposedly when your pick up volume, and deliver volume increases, they change the dispatch........Thats why I punched out at 830. Yeah that works.
I would so grieve that. I would, also, write a letter to corporate. If all this didn't work, I would use the union benefit for the attorney and see what he says. This is the stuff that makes me pace at night.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would so grieve that. I would, also, write a letter to corporate. If all this didn't work, I would use the union benefit for the attorney and see what he says. This is the stuff that makes me pace at night.
Please dont pace over this. LOL. I dont know if you can grieve dishonesty.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Please dont pace over this. LOL. I dont know if you can grieve dishonesty.
I know, I know. :bigsmile2:

It's just so aggravating how they can piss on the contract and on ethics, themselves; yet, hold us to an impossibly perfect standard.

Oh, can you ever grieve dishonesty. Art 37 and all others that apply-and that's just off the top of my head.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tooner, simply go to upsers, go to sales leads, scroll down to the lead in question, click on the control number, print out the history of the lead and give this to your mgt team telling them that you would like credit for this produciing sales lead. I would also send a copy to your regional BD team with the same request. Yes, they can go back and give you credit for the new volume from the day the lead was sold.

Grieving, writing a letter to corporate and hiring an attorney are an excessive response to something that can and should be addressed in-house.