things to help your body...

HazMatMan

Chiropractic is to legitimate medical science as witch doctor is to doctor.

Our insurance plans should not be paying for this. It's one reason medical costs are out of control.

[I realize some Chiropractors may diagnose and treat you just as a real doctor would, and you may get good results. But other Chiropractors are quacks, and should be prosecuted for fraud!]

I think Chiropractor's get a bad rap because they try to cure you without surgery, obviously it will take longer. My wife was going to one and actually started to feel better. I think you saying some of them are quacks and should be prosecuted could go for just about any other profession in life, there is good and bad in everybody....As for insurance plans not paying for this, if this was true then my wife would have never gone and would still be feeling miserable.. I don't think this is why medical costs are out of control but are out of control due to another problem, it's called GREED!! Just my opinion..

IDoLessWorkThanMost

eat healthy, exercise, keep moving. live strong.

one thing i suggest is an adjustable hand strengthener. I've been using one for about 18-20 years ( since middle school) because I play the drums/percussion/piano and practiced martial arts when I was young. having strong hands and fingers makes a big difference in this field of work.

Another is yoga. Yoga is very beneficial to promoting strength and endurance within the body. It's also a valuable tool to keep yourself at peace with body and mind ( and I know many disgruntled, aching drivers that would greatly benefit from such a thing). Unfortunately it's not nearly as recognized and utilized as it should be to the average person.

UPS Lifer

My wife bought me an inversion table last year and it has turned out to be a godsend. I'm 50, and have a degenerated disk in my lower back. It helps get the "kinks" out, takes pressure off the disks, and allows them to "plump" back up. I have always benefited from chiropractor visits. This is like a self remedy.

I got an inversion table also.....I feel like I am in a different world when I am on it. Not a lot of doctors recommend these things but it works for me. I also have a Sundance spa which really works like a whirlpool bath. It costs pennys to run. I leave the temp at 102 or 103 all the time while I am at home.

Another thing I found very useful is a "hands on" healer. I know this is out there for some but the treatments leave you feeling like you just had the best massage and the affects last a lot longer. A proficient healer can work on most ailments that you have.

UPS Lifer

How much do inversion tables cost?

Around $300 on up. You just want to make sure that has comfortable foot harness and can hold your weight. I got one that holds 250 lbs plus just to feel comfortable that it would not collapse!

Look for inversion table on the web. There are many models and styles to choose from.

Here is just one site you can visit:
http://inversionusa.com/inversiontables.html

I got the Stamina #1539. It came UPS and I had to put it together. It was not hard. I put it in the guest bedroom and turn of the TV and listen to the news while I am inverted. I do it approx 5-15 min and sometimes twice a day (morning and evening).

I have a bad back L5 disc and hip problem which can cause me to limp. When I use the table my symptoms and pain are greatly reduced.

Last edited:

Fnix

I always see them coming through UPS when I work Irregs. I just wanna rip one open and use it.

I'm sure if UPS put a few up in the centers and charged a quarter to use on they would make some money. :greedy:

UPS Lifer

UPS will never do that because of the liability factor. This is a device that changes the gravitational flow in your body. If you have a condition where doing that is harmful this could have some negative results.

Phil800101

Although I'm not a driver, I do work out (lift weights, some cardio) 5 days a week on top of my preload shift. However, stress on the body is stress on the body, no matter where it comes from, so hopefully my advice won't get flamed or anything. Anyway, all that has been said about proper hydration, nutrition, and rest is great advice. Your body needs all three to recover. Supplementation is a good thing, provided you're getting enough sleep, you're eating right (most of the time), and you're getting enough water.

For supplements, I would recommend a multivitamin, a joint support supplement, and some fish or flaxseed oil. The benefits of a multivitamin and joint support are obvious, while the fish/flasxeed oil gives you some extra essential fatty acids which help with your joints and what not, as well as with your heart.

Also, as it was said, exercising regularly will help, as will stretching. Obviously you want some cardiovascular activity in there, but some strength conditioning or training is great too. Same with stretching everyday.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Mine also cost about 300$, called teeterhangups. I love it. But they are not for everyone. High blood pressure, heart condition, glaucoma are a few of the things that might prohibit the use of one. There are many other benefits of them besides joints, back, spine. It also helps your lymphatic system, increases flexibility, and helps to drain blood from feet,legs and lower extremities.:happy2:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Although I'm not a driver, I do work out (lift weights, some cardio) 5 days a week on top of my preload shift. However, stress on the body is stress on the body, no matter where it comes from, so hopefully my advice won't get flamed or anything. Anyway, all that has been said about proper hydration, nutrition, and rest is great advice. Your body needs all three to recover. Supplementation is a good thing, provided you're getting enough sleep, you're eating right (most of the time), and you're getting enough water.

For supplements, I would recommend a multivitamin, a joint support supplement, and some fish or flaxseed oil. The benefits of a multivitamin and joint support are obvious, while the fish/flasxeed oil gives you some extra essential fatty acids which help with your joints and what not, as well as with your heart.

Also, as it was said, exercising regularly will help, as will stretching. Obviously you want some cardiovascular activity in there, but some strength conditioning or training is great too. Same with stretching everyday.

Do you mix the flaxseed oil with something??

Phil800101

Do you mix the flaxseed oil with something??

Personally, I don't take flaxseed oil, just fish oil in capsule form. I buy the odorless ones so I don't get the fish burps. You can buy flaxseed oil in capsule form as well though. Any drugstore should have it, including the ones at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, etc.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Personally, I don't take flaxseed oil, just fish oil in capsule form. I buy the odorless ones so I don't get the fish burps. You can buy flaxseed oil in capsule form as well though. Any drugstore should have it, including the ones at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, etc.

I wonder if it could be mixed with juice, or would that be like mixing oil and water??

HazMatMan

I always see them coming through UPS when I work Irregs. I just wanna rip one open and use it.

I'm sure if UPS put a few up in the centers and charged a quarter to use on they would make some money. :greedy:

Would that be considered stealing?? lol..:funny:

UPS Lifer

For those who have whoolpool or hottubs, do you feel these help...super hot baths??

I find a true whirlpool type spa eases the tension in the muscles as well as takes away the soreness. It is a great place to meditate to help reduce the stress in your life. This is money well spent and I highly recommend utilizing this type of therapy on a regular basis. My choice is a Sundance spa.

I recommend 220v over 120v because you can run the pumps with the heat at the same time.

If you can reduce or eliminate stress and tension, you are helping to reduce your risk factors for certain diseases.