Things you can get Dq'd for within your 30

CHALLY9TX

Depends how strict your management team is. Don't miss any deliveries/pickups. Don't hit anything. Show improvement. Fuel up with the correct fuel.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What are they? Would like to avoid them all.
Pretty much everything and anything.
This is the company's one and only chance to decide if they want you as a package car driver for the next 30 years or more.
Do everything and anything they ask you to do during this 30 day period.
After you qualify, come back and I'll tell you the rest of the story, as they will spend that next 30 years trying to fire you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The biggest thing is don't hit anything with the big brown pig...run your ass off and be honest about everything and anything you screw up. You will probably make mistakes..but never try to hide it or lie about them.

P

pickup

Original Poster: I was never a Package Car Driver but from what I read and seen, I will give you some advice that I hope so others will agree with and hopefully, they will fill in the blanks.

Work through some of your lunch. Don't deliver any packages but clean up your package car so that the boxes will be organized for your second "half" of your day . Take a peek at what you got left to deliver. Then eat something and then take a power nap so that you start out after lunch a little fresher and a little smarter than had you just ate and read the newspaper. Once you make your thirty, then do whatever you want during lunch.

At the end of the day, when you get home from work, you will be tired, mentally and physically. Screw everything else and go to bed . The latest episode of the Kardashians can wait Tell everyone else around you, family and friends to back off . If you have kids, make sure they understand and that Daddy will make it up to them on the weekends. Wife may have to be made to know that you need your energy and alone time to be ready to get beat up the next day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Original Poster: I was never a Package Car Driver but from what I read and seen, I will give you some advice that I hope so others will agree with and hopefully, they will fill in the blanks.

Work through some of your lunch. Don't deliver any packages but clean up your package car so that the boxes will be organized for your second "half" of your day . Take a peek at what you got left to deliver. Then eat something and then take a power nap so that you start out after lunch a little fresher and a little smarter than had you just ate and read the newspaper. Once you make your thirty, then do whatever you want during lunch.

At the end of the day, when you get home from work, you will be tired, mentally and physically. Screw everything else and go to bed . The latest episode of the Kardashians can wait Tell everyone else around you, family and friends to back off . If you have kids, make sure they understand and that Daddy will make it up to them on the weekends. Wife may have to be made to know that you need your energy and alone time to be ready to get beat up the next day.
Going to bed as soon as you get home is letting the job control your life, that's what UPS wants. Doing that your already losing the mental game their playing. I do whatever I want when I get home and don't worry or care about what time I go to bed. Ill go to bed when I feel like it. Whats the worst thing that is going to happen? You might wake up a little tired but as soon as you get to that 1st stop and get your first stretch of the day before you start delivering its get in the zone time. You might be a little tired but your getting that :censored2: whooped like a dog all day and you really don't have time to think about being tired honestly. Letting the job control your life is a sign of mental weakness plain and simple.