Things you can get Dq'd for within your 30

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What kind of steward would I be if I let everyone fend for themselves. I mentor new drivers and go out on route with them in their 30 to give them a drivers perspective. My goal is for all new hires to be successful. When someone doesn't its hard on them when they get disqualified. Some won't make it but I will put my best foot forward to make sure they do.
And you my friend are what the meaning of the word TRUE LEADER means. Good man I like to see that in a person.

Fedex Guy

Don't do that!

Management is sitting in the jump seat. You can't see them, but trust me, they are just that close.

I worked through my lunch a bunch of different times during my qualifying. Never heard a word about it. I did it just to make sure I met the time requirements. I'll never do it again tho, now that I'm qualified.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

TheKingOfQueens

I worked through my lunch a bunch of different times during my qualifying. Never heard a word about it. I did it just to make sure I met the time requirements. I'll never do it again tho, now that I'm qualified.

Some guy I know was dq'd for doing that apparently . That's why I'm confused .

keeb86

Original Poster: I was never a Package Car Driver but from what I read and seen, I will give you some advice that I hope so others will agree with and hopefully, they will fill in the blanks.

Work through some of your lunch. Don't deliver any packages but clean up your package car so that the boxes will be organized for your second "half" of your day
I would use the break time for break, I remember doing that when I first started because my sup told me to. But I started sorting as I went, and I did just fine. Plus I still had my break for actual break time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Z

ZQXC

If you do it, and they want to get you, you just handed them the means all wrapped with a bow.

Anything going on with that diad will have a time stamp and a gps stamp.

Use some of your break to hydrate, snack, and reduce stress.
If you have time left, organize your next 2 or 3 sections by segregating stops and noting any pkgs. that may be loaded on the floor.

Fedex Guy

If you do it, and they want to get you, you just handed them the means all wrapped with a bow.

Anything going on with that diad will have a time stamp and a gps stamp.

Use some of your break to hydrate, snack, and reduce stress.
If you have time left, organize your next 2 or 3 sections by segregating stops and noting any pkgs. that may be loaded on the floor.

I agree with you. We were urged by management that if we wouldn't make scratch to use some of our break to qualify. It's all good tho, it's water under the bridge now. I always take my full lunch and break and put the Diad in the back of the truck and usually go eat in the mall.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Don't spend so much time asking questions. Do the job. My bet is that you are DQd, based on what you have posted here.
Don't so hard on the buck, the center manager might give him some "professional courtesy" of his own!

Leaving a full two liter of piss in the cargo area.
2-liters are for rookies. Follow the daily "stay hydrated" PCMs and you'll need a gallon or two!

Don't get a customer pregnant.
Been having that problem alot? How do you code that one on the board...
  • met cust woman
  • driver released
  • load left inside
  • stop complete

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When I was trying to qualify years ago, you worked through your lunch so that you could get done early enough. After you qualify though, you take all your lunch and breaks