Thinking about quitting

Method Mensch

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about looking for work elsewhere. Going on 6 years with the company, almost 4 full time. Enjoy the job but don't want to work OT until I retire and my life has passed me by. I'm a single guy about 30, live below my means. Not sure what I want to do yet but if I quit want to do it right and save some money first as I'll hit top rate soon. Looking into working for the city or maybe DNR? Enjoy being outdoors and staying active, I'll pass on the OT though. Any suggestions? When am I vested in the pension? Have about 60k in the 401k. Roll it over? Or what? Looking for suggestions or advice in doing this the right way. I could stick it out for 10, 15, or 20 years but not sure it would make me happy. It seems this place gets worse almost daily. Does anyone see it differently? Thank you in advance.
I worked the local sort before I drove. I knew an old timer was a firefighter and also worked the local sort. I asked him how the hell he worked two jobs for 30+years. He winked said, "secret to staying married for all those decades."

I think for a single guy it's different proposition. By all means, look at all your options.

opie

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about looking for work elsewhere. Going on 6 years with the company, almost 4 full time. Enjoy the job but don't want to work OT until I retire and my life has passed me by. I'm a single guy about 30, live below my means. Not sure what I want to do yet but if I quit want to do it right and save some money first as I'll hit top rate soon. Looking into working for the city or maybe DNR? Enjoy being outdoors and staying active, I'll pass on the OT though. Any suggestions? When am I vested in the pension? Have about 60k in the 401k. Roll it over? Or what? Looking for suggestions or advice in doing this the right way. I could stick it out for 10, 15, or 20 years but not sure it would make me happy. It seems this place gets worse almost daily. Does anyone see it differently? Thank you in advance.
Put your name on the 22.3 transfer list. Or maybe Feeders? I am a 22.3 and its pretty much 8 and skate, but the overtime is there if I want it.