Thinking of transferring to Florida (Gulf Area) for Express

Godzilla55

Anyone have any experience or have heard how the stations are in this area are? I know there are stations in Brooksville, Bradenton, Lakeland and of course Tampa. Just looking for some input on how things are at these locations and others I may not have mentioned. Input on the communities would be appreciated also. Also curious as to how much seniority is typically needed to transfer there. I have just over 14 years in. Thanks

MassWineGuy

Given the general staffing situation I’d think that someone with 14 years would stand more than a decent chance of transferring.

Buhryein

In Tampa area there are positions posted by the boatload so transfering shouldn't be an issue that being said 14 years won't put u very high in vacation seniority but if u wanna get over nows the easiest time. Everything here is SNAFU

Godzilla55

In Tampa area there are positions posted by the boatload so transfering shouldn't be an issue that being said 14 years won't put u very high in vacation seniority but if u wanna get over nows the easiest time. Everything here is SNAFU
Thanks for the input!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Before transferring, make sure you check out the cost of housing. Depending on where you’re coming from, you might have sticker shock. At the station I retired from, which is one of the ones you listed, people would apply to transfer in and change their minds after they saw the cost of housing. It used to be near impossible to transfer to FL as a FTer. Now it’s pretty easy. Lots of openings. You can PM me if you want to know more info.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Before transferring, make sure you check out the cost of housing. Depending on where you’re coming from, you might have sticker shock. At the station I retired from, which is one of the ones you listed, people would apply to transfer in and change their minds after they saw the cost of housing. It used to be near impossible to transfer to FL as a FTer. Now it’s pretty easy. Lots of openings. You can PM me if you want to know more info.
especially if you’re 45 years old or younger