Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
October 9 1940
John Lennon was born
327A7C7F-C215-4218-9B7A-8F81EEDCCA69.png

Covemastah

1985. October 10
An Egyptian plane carrying hijackers of the Achille Lauro cruise ship is intercepted by US Navy friend-14s and forced to land at a NATO base in Sicily.

Covemastah

11 Oct, 1975 - U.S.A. Saturday Night Live
October 11th, 1975 : The comedy-variety show Saturday Night Live premiered with George Carlin as the host. The show was great back then

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
15 years ago tonight. The entire balance of the universe was thrown irrevocably outta whack. The filthy Red Sox won the first of four games in a row, with the help of a ketchup packet stuffed into a sock, after being down three games to none to the heroic NY Yankees. Mariano Rivera was proven to be human after all, I never stopped hating Curt Schilling, and @Covemastah got a huge woody on this historical date.

PS- the ketchup covered sock didn’t happen on this date, but needs to be mentioned nonetheless as Schilling is a huge dooshcanoe.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
15 years ago tonight. The entire balance of the universe was thrown irrevocably outta whack. The filthy Red Sox won the first of four games in a row, with the help of a ketchup packet stuffed into a sock, after being down three games to none to the heroic NY Yankees. Mariano Rivera was proven to be human after all, I never stopped hating Curt Schilling, and @Covemastah got a huge woody on this historical date.

PS- the ketchup covered sock didn’t happen on this date, but needs to be mentioned nonetheless as Schilling is a huge dooshcanoe.
giphy (20).gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

The Sox just spotted the Yankees three games just to make it interesting, and then swept the rest.

Deal with it.

Covemastah

My 4 hr woody has lasted for 15 yrs and still loving it !!!!!
This is the greatest comeback in the history of the world , the Resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday 0032 now is a distant 2nd to this !!! (Joking)

moreluck

golden ticket member
On October 18, 1867, the U.S. formally takes possession of Alaska after purchasing the territory from Russia for $7.2 million, or less than two cents an acre. The Alaska purchase comprised 586,412 square miles, about twice the size of Texas, and was championed by William Henry Seward, the enthusiastically expansionist secretary of state under President Andrew Johnson.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oct. 20,
1947, the notorious Red Scare kicks into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee begins investigating Communist influence in one of the world’s richest and most glamorous communities: Hollywood.