This is FedEx

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every Ground/Home delivery person smokes, get with the program................

...not the HD guy who delivered my new Charter cable modem yesterday. We talked for a few minutes. He mentioned the 30% projected volume spike and how he delivers commercial as well as residential because the toggle in his handheld device will not distinguish between the two as he is loading his car. He said he is not looking forward to Peak as they are being told that they will be slammed.

GoodGrief

Today I contacted OSHA, and DOT in regards to the smoking in FredsExes vehicles, and in close proximity to buildings. FredsExes play their games, I play mine-
Ive got my guns loaded and waiting for them to terminate me as Im nearing 20yrs with the company. I have documented EVERYTHING, taken pictures, copies of vir books, copies of timecards with printed fam codes showing the brks taken during the last hour worked.....the list is seemingly endless. I have documentation of b.s. going back nearly 7yrs now. Mgmt refuses to give me the printouts of ppad messages sent and recieved. So I have taken pics of the messages on the ppads as proof. I have taken pictures of mgrs smoking cigs and even cigars right in front of the rollup doors of our dilapidated bldgs. The ball is rolling.....so grab some popcorn and standby.

I have two different law firms, one of which won the class action suit regarding timecard issues and resulted in the changes about 7 or 8 years ago. Y'all do what y'all want. Let em treat ya like a mushroom and a door mat and intimidate you. Not me-Ive had it. Piss on 'em-

Interesting. I am a smoker and starting Jan 1st there will be no smoking anywhere including in cars in the parking lot on FedEx property. No biggie though, I need to quit anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Interesting. I am a smoker and starting Jan 1st there will be no smoking anywhere including in cars in the parking lot on FedEx property. No biggie though, I need to quit anyway.

I am an avid non-smoker and support smoke-free properties but think extending that to personal vehicles is over the top. If you want your car to smell like an ash tray go for it---you're not hurting anyone but yourself.

GoodGrief

I am an avid non-smoker and support smoke-free properties but think extending that to personal vehicles is over the top. If you want your car to smell like an ash tray go for it---you're not hurting anyone but yourself.

They don't care if I smoke in my vehicle, as long as it's not parked in our work parking lot. Kind of goofy.

MechLift

Maybe those couriers should be more professional and do the job correctly?
How professional is a company that measures performance in stops per hour as if each and every stop was as uniform as a steel screw? They have managers charging after you with the latest "its your fault" policy to sign while leaving aside real profit producing activities such as building stop profiles or providing actual training to new hires which has now dwindled down to a few hours in the breakroom.

What scares me most is how young and unfit some of the newest members are. I do not doubt their intention to do a great job but given the horrid equipment shortages (no truck, printer, batteries, etc) high pressure and willingness to let a single courier deal with Mech Lift labeled packages I just mourn for the loss of moral and body that will occur, for example, to a pair of perhaps 105 lb early twenty women I saw the other day.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

The proper response is to absolutely destroy them on the SFA. Of course, half the people here claim that they don't even take the SFA because they think (wrongly) that the manager suffers more from an employee who doesn't take the SFA than one who gives him a bad score. Until then, work-to-rule to CYA.

Maybe you should pay attention instead of showing off your ignorance.

Not taking the SFA weighs more heavily against the manager than taking it.
if a MGR was to have lets say a 10% participation result for his SFA it would show that his
workgroup doesn't respect him or care, and basically that he/she is ineffective at being able to control his/her workgroup.

whenIgetthere

I've given nothing but decent, not great, scores on SFA's...........until this last one. It was the 'worst' in my 12 years. I made sure to remember/write down a whole bunch of stuff that happened. Lo and behold, a month before SFA things get better (as usual), but the damage was done.

I had a really bad manager about six or seven years ago. When I went to take the SFA, he said to me "Don't remember that one day in the past year that I pissed you off, remember the good ones, too!". After hearing this I told him "you've pissed me off everyday!" I gave him the SFA he deserved, thankfully, I don't have him for a manager anymore.

DontThrowPackages

I had a really bad manager about six or seven years ago. When I went to take the SFA, he said to me "Don't remember that one day in the past year that I pissed you off, remember the good ones, too!". After hearing this I told him "you've pissed me off everyday!" I gave him the SFA he deserved, thankfully, I don't have him for a manager anymore.
years ago, that was the standard line just before SFA. Im sure management was given that line by someone at MEM1.

DontThrowPackages

How professional is a company that measures performance in stops per hour as if each and every stop was as uniform as a steel screw? They have managers charging after you with the latest "its your fault" policy to sign while leaving aside real profit producing activities such as building stop profiles or providing actual training to new hires which has now dwindled down to a few hours in the breakroom.

What scares me most is how young and unfit some of the newest members are. I do not doubt their intention to do a great job but given the horrid equipment shortages (no truck, printer, batteries, etc) high pressure and willingness to let a single courier deal with Mech Lift labeled packages I just mourn for the loss of moral and body that will occur, for example, to a pair of perhaps 105 lb early twenty women I saw the other day.
So true. I understand the company would died if every courier did 2 stops an hour but making a courier race against himself is wrong as well. As a rookie, I take over a rte that was being done by a 130lbs female. After the first month, I was given a check ride. Me being ignorant to the process, I thought it was to see how I was doing. Wrong! After the ride, they jacked the stops per hour up on that rte far beyond the original goals. Well I find a way to meet that goal and guess what? Another checkride. They push the numbers up more and now, if I wanted to make goal, Itwould mean driving even faster and keeping doc stops next thedriver seat, work a little while on break....if I wanted to make that goal. When your manager tells you " You've got this route down to a science" and still raises the goal, It's like a bum asking you for more change after he was just given a 20 dollar bill. I give an honest day, without speeding, without working on my break, without driving with a tub of docs in the cab and without using a pux43 on a stop I never went to. They don't even get on us like before. Most of us say " Give me a checkride and Ill show you best practice at its best". Plus 59Dano let the cat out of the bag. They don't/can't hold anyone accountable for not being superhuman.

MechLift

To prep managers for the real SFA a pre-SFA is given with the questions related to the couriers specific manager. The manager then has a chance to change a little bit before the official SFA is given. This is supposed to be confidential so the courier will give their honest opinion but I have proof that our senior manager lets the front line managers know how the individual couriers scored. If the manager cares to keep the courier in their loop they can do a few things to make it better for that courier and if not they will make life miserable so they leave for another loop or perhaps leave the station. All this results in higher official SFA scores for the manager and for the station as a whole.

The SFA is the "anoymous" survey that Best Places to Work pollings cite in ranking FedEx as the 16th best international place to work for.