This is what I did about it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yield to dumbassery, move on with your day.

I'm glad most hear are not fist bumping you.

However, kind of cool story. So whatevs.
I usually yield to dumbassery, depending on the situation. But this case needs a little background. Sorry if the post gets a little long.

Same situation happened twice before. 4 wheeler pulls out to pass me. I see him in my mirror so I get out of the gas to slow down and let him get around me. At the same time I start slowing down, he realizes that he is running out of road and is not going to make it so he starts slowing down. I see that he is still about even with my dolly still so I get on the brakes to slow down even faster and let him get around me. About the same time I get on the brakes, he realizes he is about to hit the orange barrels so he gets on the brakes. We both just about came to a complete stop on the highway damn near causing a huge pipe up from all the cars behind me having to stop on the highway.

If he crashed into the orange barrels, he may have had a legitimate complaint against me and UPS saying that I slowed down on him not letting him get over.

Happened again about a year later. Car pulls out and tries to pass me with his lane about to end. I see him and get out of the gas to slow down and let him pass me. You guessed it. About the same time I got out of the gas, he realized he was not going to make it and he gets out of the gas to get back in behind me. I see that he is also slowing down, so I get back in the gas to speed up and let him get in behind me. Well....at the same time I get back in the gas, he had realized that I was slowing down so he got back in the gas.

If he hit the orange barrels, he would have had a legitimate complaint against me and UPS saying that I sped up on him which made he crash.

So I have decided, in this particular situation, that I would maintain my speed and maintain my lane and let the 4 wheeler work it out. In the case of the van in my original post, well...he failed to work it out.

As you can see, yielding to dumbassery can get a person in just as much trouble, or even more, than not yielding for dumbassery. A state trooper is not going to give me a ticket for not slowing down for a :censored2: 4 wheeler, but may decide to issue me a citation for causing an accident "because" I did slow down not letting the 4 wheeler get back over.

Sent using BrownCafe App