This ought to be amusing...

Raw

Raw Member
I play this game every time we get a new center manager. I avoid them finding out who I am. As long as I do nothing stupid, I stay hidden.
I do also and I take it a step further, if the new center manager said anything to me I would ask him who he is as he probaly hadn`t intruduced himself to me yet! I also like the suggestion to skip the pcm`s to stay anonymous longer! :wink2:

U

uber

My building is undergoing a massive change-of-operations process. We are consolidating from 3 centers down to 2; my center is being dissolved and split up between the 2 other centers on August 1st, and then in October our building will send 15 routes up to a new facility in Portland.

I'm on vacation for the next month, so the dissolution of my center happens while I am gone. To make things even more interesting, the center manager of my "new" center is retiring in a couple of weeks. So when I do go back to work...two weeks after the consolidation...I will be on a new center with no idea who my center manager or on-car sup is. And they will have no idea of who I am, or what I even look like.

So, just to satisfy my own warped and morbid curiosity... I wanna see how long I can keep it that way. :wink2:My "plan" for my first day back...is to go in early enough so I can figure out which slot my DIAD is in. Once I am clocked on, I will continue to attend PCM's in the same place I used to, albiet for the wrong center. With all of the chaos and confusion and supervisors dealing with new faces, I'm betting no one will even notice. If I can get my DIAD, get in my truck, get the hell out of the building and then bust ass and get the route done with no issues...I bet I can make it 2 or 3 weeks without my new management team having the slightest clue who I even am. My goal...is to be nothing to them but a route number that shows up on a piece of paper, with no face attached to it.

I really think I can pull it off. Our sups are going to be so overworked and overwhelmed trying to manage all the chaos and "problem children" that they arent going to have any time to waste focusing on some anonymous driver that just gets his route done without creating any problems or paperwork. Of course, if they really need to they can get still get hold of me thru the DIAD for any necessary communication...but unless I get told to "come into the office" for some reason they still wont know who I am.

There will be over 100 drivers on the new center. It will be pretty easy to hide in plain sight.

So they're closing down the Tualatin hub?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
You want to disappear? become a feeder driver from an extended center. I am 60 miles from my on road, and if I didn't LOOK for stuff, I would never find out anything. There was a change in how we handle trls on the yard, and I didn't find out about it for almost a whole year. It only came to a head, when I failed an audit, and the on road was forced to find me and ask why I failed.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My plans got thwarted today. Unexpectedly the driver group I am in got a new supervisor. (Very easy on the eyes). HTye introduce the new girl in charge and tell us of the change. My mind flips to this post and tell myself, "Here goes Operation Avoid the New Boss." Didn''t even make it 24 hours. I'm walking to the DIAD office today and go intercepted by the guy she is replacing and her and he introduces me to her. Damnit!!! He also warned her that if she follows me on area and I don't know who it is, I will possibly call the police. Nice!!