This sucks

MacLeod82

Disgruntled Pkg Handler
Just started working for Freddy's ground, doing their Sunrise Load.

They gave us all a speech about how bad their retention was since the work was so hard. I couldn't help but giggle in the background.

They didn't say jack about them cutting off newbies any time work gets slow. These losers had us come in 5 days cutting us off after an hour, and they wanna talk about retention?

I hope these guys straighten up quick, at this rate I won't even wait to find another job before leaving them. Makes me want to go ask Brown for a new seniority date, though I'm still mad at them to denying my education transfer after telling me it was golden. You'd think Freddy would take care of a newbie that can load as good as their veterans on day one.

Good thing I'm looking to get out of the package handling biz anyways.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Leave now, before you are absorbed by The Borg. UPS sucks, but FedEx sucks worse. The nearest sort location to me had 100% turnover last year...big surprise.

MacLeod82

Disgruntled Pkg Handler
Don't worry boss, neither FedEx nor UPS can keep me locked in forever (though UPS woulda had a chance if there were any nice combo jobs open).

I just called them up and quit today, not gonna bother going 40-50 minutes to quit a job that's given me 18 hours in two weeks. They need to work on their integrity, listing a shift as 3:30 to 9:30 and cutting it off at 6:30 and sending newbies home at 5-5:30 is usually called false advertisement. If I'd have had another job lined up and chose FedEx, I'd seriously pissed right now.

If I'm lucky I'll find a nice entry level IT job while I keep working on certifications and not look back at the shipping industry again, ever.

F

FEDEX ALL THE WAY!

Leave now, before you are absorbed by The Borg. UPS sucks, but FedEx sucks worse. The nearest sort location to me had 100% turnover last year...big surprise.

You are so depressing - why don't leave now!!!!!!!!

F

FedEx All the Way!

What happened - UPS rejected you. Can't find work out there in this economy? So you sit back and complain about the company that actually hired you! After UPS dumped you.
Stop being so negative about everything. So what if Fred is making money - you only wish that you would be wearing his shoes! Get real and face reality! Why haven't you started a company like FedEx?

Overpaid Union Thug

Just started working for Freddy's ground, doing their Sunrise Load.

They gave us all a speech about how bad their retention was since the work was so hard. I couldn't help but giggle in the background.

They didn't say jack about them cutting off newbies any time work gets slow. These losers had us come in 5 days cutting us off after an hour, and they wanna talk about retention?

I hope these guys straighten up quick, at this rate I won't even wait to find another job before leaving them. Makes me want to go ask Brown for a new seniority date, though I'm still mad at them to denying my education transfer after telling me it was golden. You'd think Freddy would take care of a newbie that can load as good as their veterans on day one.

Good thing I'm looking to get out of the package handling biz anyways.

An education transfer is a frustrating process but only because the sups, and sometimes HR, make it a complicated thing even though it shouldn't be. The key to getting a transfer is to keep pressing the issue. Thats how I got mine. If you give in and give UPS and inch they will later take a mile.