This takes the cake

sealbasher

Today my OMS told me she left work at 11:00PM with one helper diad board unaccounted for.
She sent off several emails after searching every car in the lineup for that one diad that was missing.
When she called today everyone thought she was losing it because the board was in it's slot,right where it was supposed to be.
Turns out,a FT driver left his area at around 8:00 PM and left his helper an undetermined amount of stops to deliver in his own personal vehicle.
This helper worked until 12:00 PM delivering,came back to the building all on his own,sheeted 7 stops as missed and punched out.
The FT driver called in sick today.What will he be facing upon his return?
Should they hire this helper as a driver out of his shear determination and dedication?
Thoughts?

sounds like nothing has changed,i should have transfered to Edmonton when i had the chance,how you been DS?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The helper broke the law by delivering without a DOT medical card, exposing UPS to considerable liability.

The driver ought to be fired. The helper probably didnt know any better and should just be assigned to a different driver.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The helper broke the law by delivering without a DOT medical card, exposing UPS to considerable liability.

The driver ought to be fired. The helper probably didnt know any better and should just be assigned to a different driver.

If the helper was delivering out of his personal vehicle, I don't see where he would need a DOT medical card.

Company liability.... Oh yeah.

Should the driver be fired ? Only.... if his management team is. {My 2 cents}

-Bug-

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The driver had long gone,punched out at 8:30,a good UPS would buy the driver a cell phone and give the OMS his number.We pay for our own cell phones where I am.

free minutes at night dude, no excuse not to pick up

missing UPS property is grounds for contacting someone on their personal phone anyways

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The driver punched out at midnight yet you claim that a customer complained that he was knocking on his door at 12:30 am.

Nice try, thanks for playing.

The police were called on somebody who was knocking on doors in the middle of the night.

Whether it was 12:00AM or 12:30 is irrelevant.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I have too agree with you.

-Bug-
LOL

i love when contract thumpers preach about "don't think, just work as instructed", except how to use a helper is PCM'ed to drivers, thus he was failing to follow instructions, which is a termination offense, yet you still defend him?

take your pick man, you can't have your cake and eat it too

you can't demand drivers act like robots, then be surprised when the company doesn't treat them like human beings

:wacko:

tourists24

LOL

i love when contract thumpers preach about "don't think, just work as instructed", except how to use a helper is PCM'ed to drivers, thus he was failing to follow instructions, which is a termination offense, yet you still defend him?

you can't demand drivers act like robots, then be surprised when the company doesn't treat them like human beings

The only thing we've been PCM'd about in my center is to make sure helper appearance is correct and to make sure we make sure their safety is upheld. That is except for those helpers who arent with the drivers and deliver out of a golf cart. Im not defending the driving as much as I am playing devil's advocate to find out the details. All we know by what DS is telling is that the driver punched out at 8:30 and his helper worked til midnightish.... Just wondering why the driver may have done that.... Was he truly being a total jerk? Was he told by his on car to do this because he was overdispatched or because the helper started at 7? Just curious as to more facts

tourists24

Oh I did forget about making sure the helper has at least 31 stops or 61 pieces in their board.... ya know.... important stuff

porkwagon

Isn't 12:00PM noon, and 12:00AM midnight? Did the helper work through the night until noon the following day? Now that's a lengthy shift. HA!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
LOL

Sure we can, that's what drives you clowns nuts...Had it, and ate it...yumm.