Those black crashbars

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
On the newer 1000's, they are equipped with those black bars that resemble a roll cage down by the heater blower. I'm not tall but average size of 5'9" and I find these bars extremely awkward to use when I exit the PC. To maintain 3-point contact, I find myself leaning and almost having to step sideways out of the car which I find a little unsafe. Getting into the car they are nice and offer a lot of support.

On our cars we do not have external or A-frame mounted handhold I really dislike trying to grab that black bar everytime I get out of the car. I don't grab the door to exit as I did that once and the door came sliding closed and I almost lost my hand and biffed it face first. Do any of you taller guys (or average height) have any problems with that bar or am I just imagining all this?

CHALLY9TX

No problems here. There should be a handle on the PC besides that black bar you're talking about. If not then write it up and have the mechanics install one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
......Why must you point out their color?? Seems a bit racist to me.

I loved that area, I could strap my radio in there nicely, so the music filled the cab and as a bonus, I used it to step up into the cab.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I call it "the knee whacker". If you are tall, you leg can hit it if you pivot just right. A piece of padding would help but that ain't gonna' happen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I call it "the knee whacker". If you are tall, you leg can hit it if you pivot just right. A piece of padding would help but that ain't gonna' happen.

It wouldn't be too hard to wrap that bar in pipe insulation. I would rather they cushion the metal support around the driver's seat.

Indecisi0n

There should also be a handle. If not ask the mechanic to add one or use the door as contact when exiting. That bat is good for getting into the PC but that's all.

Bottom rung

Step down backwards. Facing the stairs while holding handrail with right hand. You must pivot before the step otherwise you will hit your knee.

CHALLY9TX

It wouldn't be too hard to wrap that bar in pipe insulation. I would rather they cushion the metal support around the driver's seat.

A lot of the pcs in our building do have pipe insulation wrapped around that metal support around the drivers seat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I don't even have shelves !

Don't feel bad my other car doesn't have shelves either...

img-20111004-00248.jpg