detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
It's not that they can't, it's that they won't. They're keeping all they make for themselves first. You can't blame them.

India makes most of our prescription medications, from ingredients shipped in from China, they're both keeping all those for themselves first and we're lucky if we get any leftovers. You can't blame them.

We need to start making these things here, in the US, instead of outsourcing to these other countries just because they have cheap labor.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
How would the drug companies ever make a profit if they made the drugs over here?
Don't you know Big Pharma charges the people in the U.S. the lowest drug prices in the world?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is about the most un american I've ever heard. Imagine if we closed schools and worked from home back when the British came over and tried to take our gold stuff. This is insane

They're never going to stop it, and they know it. Right now, they're just trying to slow the spread down so as not to overwhelm the hospitals with critically ill patients that they cannot handle all at once.

If the cases are spread out over the next couple of months, instead of spiking real quick, the hospitals may be able to handle it.

By shutting down the schools, they may slow it down just enough so the hospitals can keep up.

trickpony1

I know it a little doomy but it reminded me of this phrase I heard as a little kid (16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. ) Cashless society is the hint here folks. Some of you out there know this angle. No cash equals total tracking.

The government is slowly introducing us to "cashless society".
COVID 19 has instilled a fear that makes us believe everything the government tells us. The masks is just one angle our leaders use.

My wife and I were at Whole Foods and noticed most of the registers had big signs that said, "No cash. Debit cards, credit cards only. No cash back". The government would like us to think they are protecting us from the dirty, germy money.

Without cash you can't play poker with buddies, you can't pay the kid that mows your lawn. There are many things you won't be able to do so, yes, it is about total and complete control and "total tracking".

Wake up America.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Without cash you can't play poker with buddies, you can pay the kid that mows your lawn. There are many things you won't be able to do so, yes, it is about total and complete control and "total tracking".

Wake up America.
I’ve seen all kinds of boomers going nuts about all of the things you can’t do without cash. You can literally do them all. Is it the exact same experience? No but you can pay them or play poker just fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
COVID 19 has instilled a fear that makes us believe everything the government tells us. The masks is just one angle our leaders use.

My wife and I were at Whole Foods and noticed most of the registers had big signs that said, "No cash. Debit cards, credit cards only. No cash back". The government would like us to think they are protecting us from the dirty, germy money.

Without cash you can't play poker with buddies, you can pay the kid that mows your lawn. There are many things you won't be able to do so, yes, it is about total and complete control and "total tracking".

Wake up America.
I'm waiting for the discrimination card to be tossed out or other lawsuits since cash is legal tender.

trickpony1

No but you can pay them or play poker just fine.

The point I was trying to make is cash transactions can't be tracked.
If/when you use your credit card to play poker or pay the kid to mow your lawn it can be tracked hence the total tracking and complete/total control mentioned.

I'm sorry if I confused you.

trickpony1

Right, until then, it may be viewed as discriminatory practice not to accept cash.

Whole Foods did, coincidentally, have a checkout lane that accepts cash but there were significantly more credit card only (trackable) lanes so.....there you go.

Apparently the point I'm trying to make isn't being received

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Without cash you can't play poker with buddies, you can't pay the kid that mows your lawn. There are many things you won't be able to do so, yes, it is about total and complete control and "total tracking".

Wake up America.
That’s not the reason the signs are up. There is a change (coin) shortage due to the earlier shut down this year. All the online ordering and pre paid curbside pick up caused a change shortage. It will take longer to break loose since now that there is no change, you have to use your card to further reduce the circulation.