Thrift plan,QDRO,retirement

zimmo1

Does anyone have a link to the Thrift Plan , address or phone number. Recently retired and my 401k was put on hold due to a previous marriage... There was a QDRO on my 401k but the date of the court order was before the switch to the 401k and now the order was denied. I need any and all info to remedy this situation so I can access my account... Thanks:censored3:

zimmo1

The Thrift Plan is zippo.
That was liquidated some 15 - 20 years ago.
I believe at the time you could opt to stay in the plan.... Ups put my ups/401k on hold pending the decision from their legal dept and they denied my QDRO so it's still locked down. Must be someone to talk to about my situation because ups isn't giving me any help at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe at the time you could opt to stay in the plan.... Ups put my ups/401k on hold pending the decision from their legal dept and they denied my QDRO so it's still locked down. Must be someone to talk to about my situation because ups isn't giving me any help at all.

You need to talk with the lawyer you used when you got divorced. There is no way the QDRO should have been approved with the incorrect date.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We were not given any option in management in Corporate.
This is information from another posting:
You could contact the Human Resources Department at any UPS building or try this info from the Thrift Plan's 2006 Form-5500 . . .

Name of plan: UPS THRIFT PLAN

Three-digit plan number (PN): 002

Plan sponsor's name and address (employer, if for a single-employer plan):
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE OF AMERICA, INC.
C/O TAX DEPARTMENT
55 GLENLAKE PKWY NE
ATLANTA, GA 30328-3474

Employer Identification Number (EIN): 95-1732075

Sponsor's telephone number: 404-828-7678

Signature of plan administrator or printed name of individual signing as plan administrator: JOHN SAUNDERS 10/09/2007

Signature of employer/plan sponsor/DFE or printed name of individual signing as employer, plan sponsor or DFE as applicable: MAURICE AGRESTA 10/09/2007

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/thrift-plan.268026/#ixzz3YceMhR6h

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This post from Motley Fool forum in 2006 supports your assertion:
http://boards.fool.com/the-thrift-plan-11445304.aspx

As an hourly employee (23 years) the Thrift Plan was one way to participate in company profitability before stock ownership was offered directly to hourly workers. The 1996 window of opportunity program found 80,000 people leave the plan, but there are still a significant number of UPS people still participating in the thrift plan. 1996 withdraw from the thrift plan was cash and 35 - 40 % UPS stock. Many previous postings refer to the former Thrift Plan as if it was not a good place to put $6.00 a week, forgetting average returns of 16% yearly.
If the Thrift Plan holdings of UPS stock is still 40%, the future earnings should also reflect the IPO windfall. Any input or speculation on the effect the ipo will have on the UPS Thrift Plan.