time allowance for signatures

paidslave

6 seconds is the time that you get for a signature. Write your name and time it for yourself.

If you have 100 hundred of these then you would have 600 seconds of pay for your efforts per day which equals about 10 minutes of pay.
I hope this helps!

Black_6_Leader

"Time just to get a signature is a real small part of a delivery stop time . . . how long does it take to sign ?? As I measure it, between 10 & 15 seconds by my watch.

"Time just to get a signature is a real small part of a delivery stop time . . . how long does it take to sign ?? As I measure it, between 10 & 15 seconds by my watch.
Except for when you hand them the board and they hit the Sig button with their thumb and you have to take the board back reset it and explain to them..." DON"T TOUCH THE FREEKIN BUTTON!"

Browner

Myself until just recently would get a signature when ever possible (that way their no driver follow ups, it never occurred to me that it was inflating my dispatch time) The reason I have stopped is we just started using the DIAD4 and all the keys are in different spots.

old levi's

blank space
With a signature you must factor in the time allowance for the customer turning the diad around once and then turning it back like you handed it to them. Then there is the inevitable " I must have hit something. It's not writing." :biting:

UPSGUY72

If I go to a business and they make me wait to find someone to sign my on road SUP taught me to tell them I'll be back tomorrow and they usually pick up the pace or they get there package the next day then I scan it as Ni1.

At a residence I knock wait 5-10 sec and then start writing out a DELIVEREY NOTICE that way if they don't answer the door in about 30 sec then I'm all ready to go.

If I go to a business and they make me wait to find someone to sign my on road SUP taught me to tell them I'll be back tomorrow and they usually pick up the pace or they get there package the next day then I scan it as Ni1.

I hope you are not really doing that. The first time the consignee calls in a complaint your happy tail will be in the ringer and the sup will not remember ever telling you that.

flip33

i hope this isnt a stupid question but, if a signature is required and the c'nee is home can you just hand them the package w/o getting a signature. maybe i'm not understanding.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i hope this isnt a stupid question but, if a signature is required and the c'nee is home can you just hand them the package w/o getting a signature. maybe i'm not understanding.

The 9th and 10th digits of the 1Z are the service code for that package. The list of the service codes is far too long to post here but, to answer you question, if the pkg was 03 then it does not require a signature and we use driver release if appropriate. If the pkg was 42 or A8, we would have to get a signature (adult 21 or over for A8) and would actually hope that they were home.

The only stupid question is the one never asked.

No, if the package say Signature Required , you have to get a sig on the DIAD board. Are you a package car driver or P/T or freight?