Time card vs paycheck, EO work place community issue

falkhen

Hello, I'm a seasonal worker just did my 1st round, Pre-Load / Driver Helper.

there is combination of things i wanted to talk about being from timing keeping vs paided work hours
to inter seasonal relationships IE aggressive verbally abusive workers.

for the whole time i have been working sense OCT to DEC i notice that my time cards show more time then what my paycheck says.
is this a common thing?
regular hours: 32
overtime hours : 2.32
total of 34.32 hours
on the actual time card i see something completely different when added up I have 41.67 hours that's 7.35 hour discrepancy, and this isn't the 1st time card that is like this, pretty much all my time cards are like this...

I know that driver helper has fixed time of operation even though the driver not always rights the correct time, but when preload most of my work hours occur so i start to wonder as that is on a time clock.

2nd
another employee did not get along and at the last couple of weeks this person got verbally abusive using the words you're stupid, :censored2:, idiot, and a :censored2:. also said "I don't give a :censored2:", "this is the easiest job I have ever done, :censored2: you, you're an idiot".
I tried to be polite to this person, nobody else understood why this person targeted me, I never thought i said anything offensive i don't even sware at work, except when I'm repeating what someone else's words.
I figured he just wanted a fight,

Admin if this is wrong place please move, TY

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

there is combination of things i wanted to talk about being from timing keeping vs paided work hours

for the whole time i have been working sense OCT to DEC i notice that my time cards show more time then what my paycheck says.
is this a common thing?
total of 34.32 hours
on the actual time card i see something completely different when added up I have 41.67 hours that's 7.35 hour discrepancy, and this isn't the 1st time card that is like this, pretty much all my time cards are like this...

I know that driver helper has fixed time of operation even though the driver not always rights the correct time, but when preload most of my work hours occur so i start to wonder as that is on a time clock.

2nd
another employee did not get along and at the last couple of weeks this person got verbally abusive using the words you're stupid, :censored2:, idiot, and a :censored2:. also said "I don't give a :censored2:", "this is the easiest job I have ever done, :censored2: you, you're an idiot".
I tried to be polite to this person, nobody else understood why this person targeted me, I never thought i said anything offensive i don't even sware at work, except when I'm repeating what someone else's words.

So, what is it you need

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day

is this a common thing?
total of 34.32 hours

2nd

I hope you get paided for the hours you workted

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

is this a common thing?
total of 34.32 hours

2nd

Are you sure you're not?

falkhen

1640905946246.png
1640905970717.png

my issue is that actual system doesn't not properly reflect time actually worked...i know there were a few days that pre load was 4+ hrs, and all my Driver helper days were 4.5 to 4.75 hr days, time card allocated I can't exceed the amount of time.
21: 4 hrs someone left early waited for air, yet my time shows 3.75 and i was not late. then 4.25 DH day so that looks like 8 hr day...
22 4.25hrs someone left early and i had to stay for air, then 4.5 DH day so that 8.75hr day
23 3.75hr day, DH 4.75 8.50 hr day
24 3.75hr day DH 4.5 8.25 hr day

and this is by my accounting, and not the time card. so pay is correct hopfully i have no way of actually knowing that its correct as the time record system isn't clear.

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

View attachment 365708View attachment 365709

my issue is that actual system doesn't not properly reflect time actually worked...i know there were a few days that pre load was 4+ hrs, and all my Driver helper days were 4.5 to 4.75 hr days, time card allocated I can't exceed the amount of time.
21: 4 hrs someone left early waited for air, yet my time shows 3.75 and i was not late. then 4.25 DH day so that looks like 8 hr day...
22 4.25hrs someone left early and i had to stay for air, then 4.5 DH day so that 8.75hr day

and this is by my accounting, and not the time card. so pay is correct hopfully i have no way of actually knowing that its correct as the time record system isn't clear.
It appears what is in the 3rd column is being deducted from your total time. The third column shows Meal/Unpaid. I hope this helps!

falkhen

So, what is it you need
None of the managers didn't nothing about this, until the next following day when i said he was trying to fight me... then they showed up in frequency and that person was quiet till they weren't around and the abusive language persisted. the guy litterally sleeps in the truck till his packages build up enough that this person deals with them and starts yelling how it was everyone's fault and we held everything back, at this point the person has metal issue...

what do you do about this type thing?

PPH_over_9000

what do you do about this type thing?

You either feed the fire or ignore it. Both options have their pros and cons, but it's probably best to just disregard this person in the future. No "good mornings," no small talk-- no interaction whatsoever.

If they continue to talk :censored2: while you honestly do nothing to warrant it, then they're creating a hostile work environment and need to be dealt with by management. Trying to fix the problem yourself could easily lead to a situation where the both of you are terminated. I honestly think that if you need advice from somebody, try to find a steward first. Don't go straight to management because it's all too easy to be labelled a snitch.

Preload's such a mixed bag, man. Some of your coworkers are going to be the dregs of society, but as long as they carry their own weight and show up everyday then nobody's going to bother them unless they land on a FT supe's radar.

boxerdan

View attachment 365708View attachment 365709

3.75 is what time you started, not how many hours you worked. You started at 3:45am (3.75 in clicks) and punched out sometime between 2 and 2:25 PM (14.42 in clicks). It looks like in-between between preload and working as a driver helper there was an hour and a half to 2:20 gap daily (ie a break), which is unpaid, hence the 7.35 hour discrepancy.

falkhen

You either feed the fire or ignore it. Both options have their pros and cons, but it's probably best to just disregard this person in the future. No "good mornings," no small talk-- no interaction whatsoever.

If they continue to talk :censored2: while you honestly do nothing to warrant it, then they're creating a hostile work environment and need to be dealt with by management. Trying to fix the problem yourself could easily lead to a situation where the both of you are terminated. I honestly think that if you need advice from somebody, try to find a steward first. Don't go straight to management because it's all too easy to be labelled a snitch.

Preload's such a mixed bag, man. Some of your coworkers are going to be the dregs of society, but as long as they carry their own weight and show up everyday then nobody's going to bother them unless they land on a FT supe's radar.
I choose, to ignore it till he was just yelling and disturbing everyone, I said that's enough! in my military voice, that person was quiet for a few mins, and then went on with their nonsensical ramblings.