Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

BrownArmy

The 'MEDIA'* is a funny thing.

They can't take their eyes off Trump, because dumpster fires are engaging.

They can't take their eyes off Hillary: she's a liar, how can we trust her??!??, but she'll probably win??!??!?

They consistently report that most people don't like this current round of choices for Prez (world-ending meteor strike polled higher): much hand-wringing occurs.

Given a third option, they treat it as a novelty or as a strange apparatus that cannot possibly properly function.

Between the media, unfettered campaign money, and a frankly uninformed electorate, no wonder we have the choices we do.

We made this.

* CAPS for you Tony!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not impressed after watching them.
CNN did a piss poor job with it.
Where the hell did they find the people asking questions?
A lady who claimed there'd been a bunch of marijuana deaths in Colorado, and one of the creepiest guys I've ever seen on TV asking about legal prostitution. I'm sure they were carefully selected by CNN.

BrownArmy

A lady who claimed there'd been a bunch of marijuana deaths in Colorado, and one of the creepiest guys I've ever seen on TV asking about legal prostitution. I'm sure they were carefully selected by CNN.

They're not taking it seriously.

It's just a pro forma exercise.

Get all three candidates on a stage for three hours? We might get somewhere, but it won't be three, will it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I only caught the end but the dude asking about legal prostituation I was like wow something is not right with this guy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They're not taking it seriously.

It's just a pro forma exercise.

Get all three candidates on a stage for three hours? We might get somewhere, but it won't be three, will it?
He doesn't have far to go. Only has to get to 15% and a recent poll had him at 12%.

I'm very very interested to see a debate if he gets to be on stage. Trump will get under hillarys skin and she'll look like a maroon. Trump doesn't need any help looking like a maroon and guess who may come
Out looking like the only sane choice.

BrownArmy

He doesn't have far to go. Only has to get to 15% and a recent poll had him at 12%.

I'm very very interested to see a debate if he gets to be on stage. Trump will get under hillarys skin and she'll look like a maroon. Trump doesn't need any help looking like a maroon and guess who may come
Out looking like the only sane choice.

Won't happen - no debates will include Johnson.

As to the other two, seems to me Hillary stands a better chance of getting under Trump's skin.

He's turning out to be a whiny friend.

BrownArmy

Oh, did I mention clueless?

Say whatever you want about HRC, but this isn't her first rodeo.

Trump was on a radio-interview talking about how he'd pick his cabinet positions before the election.

The host was kind, but explained to Trump that's not how it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is a no-show for the debates.

Primaries are one thing, but the real deal? He doesn't have the goods.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
How Last Tonight's Gary Johnson/William Weld CNN Town Hall Was a Disappointment in Libertarian Terms

The Libertarian Party presidential ticket of former Republican governors Gary Johnson (N.M.) and William Weld (Mass.) succeeded in seeming human, humane, decent, calm, and at least compared to their major party competitors, thoughtful this evening at their second CNN Town Hall.

But I'm not sure they succeeded in seeming very Libertarian, or selling the Party's position as a distinct outlook on politics and government that someone could grasp and understand.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How Last Tonight's Gary Johnson/William Weld CNN Town hall Was a Disappointment in Libertarian Terms

The Libertarian Party presidential ticket of former Republican governors Gary Johnson (N.M.) and William Weld (Mass.) succeeded in seeming human, humane, decent, calm, and at least compared to their major party competitors, thoughtful this evening at their second CNN Town hall.

But I'm not sure they succeeded in seeming very Libertarian, or selling the Party's position as a distinct outlook on politics and government that someone could grasp and understand.
That's because Johnson is a pot head.

You expect more from a pot head?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Johnson/Weld Come Out of CNN Town Hall Looking Like "a sensible alternative to the two main options."

Both Johnson and Weld were calm, optimistic, and straightforward in how they answered questions from moderator Anderson Cooper and various audience members.

While card-carrying libertarians (do such being exist? probably) were grumbling online over aspects of Johnson's and Weld's answers and positions, their appeal to voters and onlookers who are worn out by the prospects of either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton seems to be getting at least some traction.

BrownArmy

What with the 20 questions?

Get to your point already.

I've never been in the army, and I don't pretend otherwise.

I wouldn't dream of making assertions about the army.

You've never smoked, but you're preaching about marijuana?

FFS.

(Take one hit, you'll turn into a Democrat, I promise...)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I've never been in the army, and I don't pretend otherwise.

I wouldn't dream of making assertions about the army.

You've never smoked, but you're preaching about marijuana?

FFS.

(Take one hit, you'll turn into a Democrat, I promise...)
I haven't tried crack or PCP either, but I know enough to stay clear of them too.