Time For Teamsters

MAKAVELI

I say we bring on a national petition for a vote. I guarantee we will have a majority now. what do we have to lose?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I say we bring on a national petition for a vote. I guarantee we will have a majority now. what do we have to lose?

Nothing, but the Teamsters are nowhere to be found. I think Mr. Hoffa has accepted some of Fred's greenbacks so he won't do anything but continue to sit on his fat ass. If you really want to get pissed, checkout the new Dental Plan.

packageguy

I always say, if you want something that bad make it happen, get your petition going and make the call to IBT THEY WILL NOT TURN THERE BACKS ON YOU. LIKE YOU SAID YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. GOOD LUCK.

MAKAVELI

Maybe the Teamsters were waiting for a time like this when in my belief the company has pushed its employees to the breaking point. They probably weren't nowhere to be seen because there was no push on our side. I think what's going to happen in the next few months will fire just about anybody up who has a family, rent, mortgage, medical bills, etc. Now is the time if there was any. As far as the dental goes, doesn't surprise me abit. They have been cutting our benefits down for years and will continue to do so until we have nothing left. Just like Ground.

FedEx2000

I met, by chance, a person who works for the Teamsters in the San Fran area last week while on vacation. She basically said they know there is no way it will happen, and have basically given up trying.....even though it drives Hoffa crazy. Just one person's thoughts though.

55+

You don't need the teamsters..Check out the Huffingtonpost today..Walmart extends its strike to twelve states without a union..I would have linked it but I'm computer challenged. If someone else would link it for me I would appreciated it thanks

vantexan

You don't need the teamsters..Check out the Huffingtonpost today..Walmart extends its strike to twelve states without a union..I would have linked it but I'm computer challenged. If someone else would link it for me I would appreciated it thanks

Problem is under the RLA if we don't have a national union representing us as we strike then FedEx has the legal right to terminate our employment without worrying about lawsuits, etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Problem is under the RLA if we don't have a national union representing us as we strike then FedEx has the legal right to terminate our employment without worrying about lawsuits, etc.

This is why Fred threw his temper tantrum and threatened to kill the Boeing deal. His precious RLA is like Kryptonite to unions..and to us.

vantexan

This is why Fred threw his temper tantrum and threatened to kill the Boeing deal. His precious RLA is like Kryptonite to unions..and to us.

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Memphis when they thought we had a good shot at getting a union. Can only imagine what options were explored and the language used. All those years of building infrastructure, all those plans, possibly about to go up in smoke. They got their way as we all know, and the only one who seemed genuinely on our side was, what was his name, Ken Oberstar? Fighting FedEx seemed to have special meaning to him. Wonder if he keeps up with the latest? Wherever you are sir, glasses raised! The best representation of what the Democrat Party is supposed to be in my book.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in Memphis when they thought we had a good shot at getting a union. Can only imagine what options were explored and the language used. All those years of building infrastructure, all those plans, possibly about to go up in smoke. They got their way as we all know, and the only one who seemed genuinely on our side was, what was his name, Ken Oberstar? Fighting FedEx seemed to have special meaning to him. Wonder if he keeps up with the latest? Wherever you are sir, glasses raised! The best representation of what the Democrat Party is supposed to be in my book.

Oberstar hated Fred S. Sounds like a good guy to me.

purplesky

I am really sick of you FDX guys bitching and moaning about the Teamsters not saving your ass. I HAVE AN IDEA FOR YOU. Get off your ass and do something about it. Really.
Start a website. Make some you tube videos. Have an employee protest parade in Memphis and try to get people to march in other large cities. THE MEDIA WILL COVER IT AND YOU CAN SPREAD THE WORD.

Its your fight. YOU GUYS CHOSE TO WEAR PURPLE LONG AGO. NOT BROWN. Time to take off the gloves guys and look in the mirror.

If you get any kind of a buzz or national movement going the Teamsters will be there to help. BUT YOU FDX GUYS AND GALS HAVE TO GET IT TOGETHER!

Mr FEDEX with all your FDX knowledge you could start a great website. Start a newsletter. Start collecting emails from every station in the whole damn country. Get on the phone and get busy.

GO FEDEX!:smart:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am really sick of you FDX guys bitching and moaning about the Teamsters not saving your ass. I HAVE AN IDEA FOR YOU. Get off your ass and do something about it. Really.
Start a website. Make some you tube videos. Have an employee protest parade in Memphis and try to get people to march in other large cities. THE MEDIA WILL COVER IT AND YOU CAN SPREAD THE WORD.

Its your fight. YOU GUYS CHOSE TO WEAR PURPLE LONG AGO. NOT BROWN. Time to take off the gloves guys and look in the mirror.

If you get any kind of a buzz or national movement going the Teamsters will be there to help. BUT YOU FDX GUYS AND GALS HAVE TO GET IT TOGETHER!

Mr FEDEX with all your FDX knowledge you could start a great website. Start a newsletter. Start collecting emails from every station in the whole damn country. Get on the phone and get busy.

GO FEDEX!:smart:

We need the Teamsters because we have Right-To-Work states where local efforts will get squashed like a bug. Beleive it or not, there are a lot of morons who work for FedEx that still think Fred S is their buddy. Until they remove their heads from their asses, and we have a national effort underwritten by the IBT...it isn't going to happen.

Think WalMart when you think of FedEx...an oppressive, totally anti-union environment where even mentioning the word "union" is enough to send you on your way. UPSers don't get this, but it's absolutely the way it is at FedEx.

purplesky

We need the Teamsters because we have Right-To-Work states where local efforts will get squashed like a bug. Beleive it or not, there are a lot of morons who work for FedEx that still think Fred S is their buddy. Until they remove their heads from their asses, and we have a national effort underwritten by the IBT...it isn't going to happen.

Think WalMart when you think of FedEx...an oppressive, totally anti-union environment where even mentioning the word "union" is enough to send you on your way. UPSers don't get this, but it's absolutely the way it is at FedEx.

Its just good old Republican Corporate capitolism and its EVERYWHERE. Stop making excuses and first do what you can to get the ball rolling. Upsers get bullied everyday and have a fight daily at UPS.

Seriously. Start a website and a newsletter. I bet you could collect thousands of emails in a month. The funny thing about the internet is stuff like this can take off and become huge.

I am suprised that there isnt a website already that FDX employees can go to for info. THE IBT WOULD UNDERWRITE FDX. BUT FIRST SOME FDXERS NEED TO STEPUP.

I wouldnt rule out Walmart becoming union someday. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.:wink2:

YES THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Have you checked our member numbers on this forum?
They are almost equaling UPS
And this is YOUR forum

The revolution is starting, it's starting here, on this website....

Its just good old Republican Corporate capitolism and its EVERYWHERE. Stop making excuses and first do what you can to get the ball rolling. Upsers get bullied everyday and have a fight daily at UPS.

Seriously. Start a website and a newsletter. I bet you could collect thousands of emails in a month. The funny thing about the internet is stuff like this can take off and become huge.

I am suprised that there isnt a website already that FDX employees can go to for info. THE IBT WOULD UNDERWRITE FDX. BUT FIRST SOME FDXERS NEED TO STEPUP.

I wouldnt rule out Walmart becoming union someday. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.:wink2:

YES THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT IT CAN BE DONE.
And how much money are you and your brothers willing to give to this effort?
Express is a fascist corporation. No joke. Management takes ownership over the employees. Most employees trade dignity for a paycheck and are literally frightened of these managers and their power. They use illegal tactics and are covered by HR and legal departments.