Time For Teamsters

bbsam

Staff member
Dagan just said how he wants to cut 1.7 billion. Where is that coming from? Someone is going to feel the pinch. Somehow, I doubt it will be BB or anyone like him. No offense meant, BB. Just using you as an example of a successful FedEx owner.
Actually, I'm probably going to reap a pretty good profit from the reorganization and I and a few others around here started to see it coming a couple years ago. No offense taken.

bbsam

Staff member
Nope! Fred announced virtually nothing last night but people here were frothing at the mouth over the non-announcements. This place is better than sports radio where fans call in.
I thought the same thing. Yesterday was alot of nothing. We'll see in a couple hours.

thedownhillEXPRESS

The Dems never had 60 senators,and as I remember two republican senators from Tennessee put a hold on Olbertar's reathorization bill.
I would rather thank the 59 democrats and independents that voted FOR the bill, rather than say its their fault.
Every time I put on the news it's A**hole republicans screaming about one union or another

thedownhillEXPRESS

The conservative media also threw some BS at the American public at the time.
Besides Fox News touting the union "Brown Bailout" to Conservative columnists George Will's Op'Ed slamming the Democrats and the bill, it also included many false statements about FedEx operations and benefits that played into their distortions.
95% of elected Democrats supported that bill, 0 republicans did.
I know who had who's back.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dagan just said how he wants to cut 1.7 billion. Where is that coming from? Someone is going to feel the pinch.

The figures released today are for $15.5 billion by FY '16; percentages are rounded.

25% is from efficiency of functions/processes.
20% from modernizing the air fleet.
23% from US domestic Express transformation.
23% from international efforts
10% from targeted growth and yield management.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As vague as Mitt Romneys tax plan.

How does that translate into English for Joe Mo , average courier with a family to feed....

It was discussed at the shindig. Did you watch it? There are some details in the slides that were included as part of the presentation. Did you look at them?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Nothing, but the Teamsters are nowhere to be found. I think Mr. Hoffa has accepted some of Fred's greenbacks so he won't do anything but continue to sit on his fat ass. If you really want to get pissed, checkout the new Dental Plan.
Cry me a river. Back in the 90's I was on the organizing committee for my Teamster Local. We spent many days outside of the local FedEx locations trying to get your fellow employees to sign cards. Can count on two hands the number of people we got signed up. Most were happy the way they were being treated or just didn't want to make waves. We could only beat a dead horse for so long and gave up on our efforts.
If you want the Teamsters to step up to the plate now I suggest you start a grass roots effort to get the word out to the majority of your fellow employees that a union may be in their best interest long term. Once a major commitment is shown by a large percentage of FedExers I believe the Teamsters would jump back in with money and personnel. The ball is in your court!

purplesky

Cry me a river. Back in the 90's I was on the organizing committee for my Teamster Local. We spent many days outside of the local FedEx locations trying to get your fellow employees to sign cards. Can count on two hands the number of people we got signed up. Most were happy the way they were being treated or just didn't want to make waves. We could only beat a dead horse for so long and gave up on our efforts.
If you want the Teamsters to step up to the plate now I suggest you start a grass roots effort to get the word out to the majority of your fellow employees that a union may be in their best interest long term. Once a major commitment is shown by a large percentage of FedExers I believe the Teamsters would jump back in with money and personnel. The ball is in your court!

This is exactly what I said yesterday. If Walmart workers can make some waves than these FDX guys can also. THE MEDIA LOVES THIS STUFF!

vantexan

The Dems never had 60 senators,and as I remember two republican senators from Tennessee put a hold on Olbertar's reathorization bill.
I would rather thank the 59 democrats and independents that voted FOR the bill, rather than say its their fault.
Every time I put on the news it's A**hole republicans screaming about one union or another

Harry Reid always had the "nuclear option" of a simple majority of 51 if he chose to exercise it. But hey, dangle that out there and watch the millions come rolling into the campaign coffers. Stop living in denial amigo. The name of the game is money. Fred has got it, we don't. Guess who got their way?