Time to become a slave lol

BigD Bri

Hey everyone, new here, and just hired by UPS for part time package load, start Monday. Was wondering about picking up extra shifts, how easy is it to get shifts, etc.. Any info would be helpful.. Thx

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Well the 4th year isn't so bad, especially with OT. Year 4 rate is 25? Not horrible. More than most Fed-Ex ;)
I was approached by a 16 year Express guy yesterday, asking about the peak driving jobs, and chance of being kept on. Are their wages that bad even after nearly 20 years?

BigD Bri

You are guaranteed 3.5 hours per day after you gain your seniority.

You will work much more than that from about Thanksgiving week through the first part of January.

When you say, "Gain your seniority", what specifically do you mean? Is that a set amount of time, or dependent on who happens to quit, get fired, retire, etc, in front of you?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hey everyone, new here, and just hired by UPS for part time package load, start Monday. Was wondering about picking up extra shifts, how easy is it to get shifts, etc.. Any info would be helpful.. Thx
WOW! way to jump right in. Instead of creating a thread introducing yourself then creating a thread specific to your question, you hijack someone else' thread and carry on like it's nothing. SMH

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was approached by a 16 year Express guy yesterday, asking about the peak driving jobs, and chance of being kept on. Are their wages that bad even after nearly 20 years?
I think that generally the highest rates are around 30-32 with more commonly 25 or so for 20-year people. I read the FedEx side from time to time. I am sure someone else can and will correct my ignorance.

BigD Bri

WOW! way to jump right in. Instead of creating a thread introducing yourself then creating a thread specific to your question, you hijack someone else' thread and carry on like it's nothing. SMH

Please allow me to apologize to all injured parties, and in particular to this butt hurt gentleman, for such an egregious display of temerity. My blatant disregard for etiquette, and then to actually, "carry on as if it were nothing" was inexcusable. I don't know I what was thinking.. Shaking my head right along with you, man. Sounds to me like you might need more to worry about..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Please allow me to apologize to all injured parties, and in particular to this butt hurt gentleman, for such an egregious display of temerity. My blatant disregard for etiquette, and then to actually, "carry on as if it were nothing" was inexcusable. I don't know I what was thinking.. Shaking my head right along with you, man. Sounds to me like you might need more to worry about..
Well, at least you know how to use quotes properly.