Time To End The Shutdown?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The shutdowns were to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, Wally. Ttku...

Try reading the link before commenting:

During last year’s flu season, according to the CDC, 490,561 people in the U.S. were hospitalized due to the seasonal flu virus. The prior year, it was 810,000 flu hospitalizations. This explains why, as we noted here, America’s hospitals have not been overwhelmed by the number of Wuhan flu sufferers, not even in New York City. The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations falls well within the natural variability in flu hospitalizations that we always see from year to year.

TTKU

The flu numbers are for an entire year. Ttku

And the flu has a vaccine..ttku

The flu is seasonal you demwit.
TTKU

Yes, and a complete shutdown wouldn't be necessary if there was one for Covid-19. Ttku...
Everyone needs to just keep up keeping up. Alright? TTKU.

fishtm2001

donald is claiming a lot of powers he doesn’t have and not using the one power he does have to get the needed tests made and distributed. He could use the Defense Production Act to order millions and millions of tests, and get them where they’re needed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everyone needs to just keep up keeping up. Alright? TTKU.
1576650267074.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Too early to tell. Their older population took a hit but what were their numbers in previous years? Did neighbor countries prevent deaths or just prolong the pain? No one knows.
When i first read about their experiment , it kind of made sense. Like a forest fire sweeping thru and perhaps not destroying as much as a long lingering fire so to speak. But I did understand the rational about putting too much strain on our medical service.

Then read about the long extended shutdowns hurting the economy long term and that the "cure was worse than the disease " That made some sense also. With most people ( 97-98%) surviving , why not just get it over with?

This will be debated for a long time. What will we tell families who lost jobs, lost homes , businesses failed , divorces , etc etc etc. ???? That we did this for their own good.????

Already seeing some rebellions in some parts of the country about reopening. If my families financial future was in dire straights I would say the hell with it and do some kind of work. After the 97 strike I was laid off and was cleaning houses and doing all kinds of odd jobs for $10 an hour.

What'dyabringmetoday???

When i first read about their experiment , it kind of made sense. Like a forest fire sweeping thru and perhaps not destroying as much as a long lingering fire so to speak. But I did understand the rational about putting too much strain on our medical service.

Then read about the long extended shutdowns hurting the economy long term and that the "cure was worse than the disease " That made some sense also. With most people ( 97-98%) surviving , why not just get it over with?

This will be debated for a long time. What will we tell families who lost jobs, lost homes , businesses failed , divorces , etc etc etc. ???? That we did this for their own good.????

Already seeing some rebellions in some parts of the country about reopening. If my families financial future was in dire straights I would say the hell with it and do some kind of work. After the 97 strike I was laid off and was cleaning houses and doing all kinds of odd jobs for $10 an hour.
But according to many of your posts, you have money that you don't even have time to spend. Lol.

Indecisi0n

donald is claiming a lot of powers he doesn’t have and not using the one power he does have to get the needed tests made and distributed. He could use the Defense Production Act to order millions and millions of tests, and get them where they’re needed.
but but he is the president. He is able to do what the president can do.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Mitigation works , Wally. CA don't have nearly the numbers you have on the East Coast because we started before anyone.
They didn't have as many as new York, because new York has thousands of people living in buildings breathing the same air. Through shared heating systems. New Yorks setup is the worst for communicable deseases.