To all the Hoffa haters

Ibt804Hammer

Ground revenue has been flat for the past few years. Profit has been from air, international and the other divisions within UPS.
Let's not foget about the work we lost to ups freight. We no longer have the service hundredweight and have lost a lot of feeder long and short runs to them. There is a reason the revenue has been flat.

hembone

vote for gegare and you will be rite back in central states ..... BC

Hypothetically speaking, if Gegare won and tried to put UPS back in Central States I wonder how it would work? I'm sure UPS would bring up the fact of the 6.1 billion they paid to get out.

Hypothetically speaking, if Gegare won and tried to put UPS back in Central States I wonder how it would work? I'm sure UPS would bring up the fact of the 6.1 billion they paid to get out.

FRED GEGARE has no plans on putting UPS back into CENTRAL STATES pension that would be impossible to do. What he will do though is make sure the plan that UPS is in now has competent trustees to protect their plan and not allow the company to change benefits in the future. If you read the current contract the benefits are only protected during this contract. With the Hoffa people on the plan you never know what they will agree with the company with do to them being I the company’s pocket.

GEGARE 2011

hembone

FRED GEGARE has no plans on putting UPS back into CENTRAL STATES pension that would be impossible to do. What he will do though is make sure the plan that UPS is in now has competent trustees to protect their plan and not allow the company to change benefits in the future. If you read the current contract the benefits are only protected during this contract. With the Hoffa people on the plan you never know what they will agree with the company with do to them being I the company’s pocket.

GEGARE 2011
How are you so sure what Gegare would do?

mamirk69

How are you so sure what Gegare would do?

Not quite sure on what Gegare would do but I definitely know what Hoffa would do. NOTHING. His quote to the pension only being in the UPS plan only under this contract is correct. This was quoted to our union at the time by our local president.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
vote for gegare and you will be rite back in central states ..... BC

How do you suppose that would happen. If your going to say something please support it with some facts.

I will say that what the Hoffa team did with YRC was pretty impresive, but pulling us out of the central states plan was a big mistake. For those of you that don't remeber, or never knew. The main reason for the strike in 97 was to keep us in the central states pension plan and Hoffa just gave it to them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How do you suppose that would happen. If your going to say something please support it with some facts.

I will say that what the Hoffa team did with YRC was pretty impresive, but pulling us out of the central states plan was a big mistake. For those of you that don't remeber, or never knew. The main reason for the strike in 97 was to keep us in the central states pension plan and Hoffa just gave it to them.
What other options were available? I am not disagreeing with anything you said and understand the bottom line of what went down, but curious as to what other options there were. The fund was devastated and the new year was fast approaching...

Man , did that last contract get shoved down our throats..

hembone

I just can't see, for at least the UPS employees, how staying in Central States would have been better.

hembone

What other options were available? I am not disagreeing with anything you said and understand the bottom line of what went down, but curious as to what other options there were. The fund was devastated and the new year was fast approaching...

Man , did that last contract get shoved down our throats..
The contract was passed with a 65% yes vote. I don't call that shoved.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The contract was passed with a 65% yes vote. I don't call that shoved.
I call it "shoved down throat"; when there are B.A.s and stewards at the door to UPS, asking Teamsters to "vote yes it's a good contract" when I knew in reality that was not entirely true. Eyebrow raising, no? I voted no solely for that purpose, although my mind was made up prior to that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I call it "shoved down throat"; when there are B.A.s and stewards at the door to UPS, asking Teamsters to "vote yes it's a good contract" when I knew in reality that was not entirely true. Eyebrow raising, no? I voted no solely for that purpose, although my mind was made up prior to that.
BA's and stewards at the doors? Reminds me of Acorn and Black Panthers at polling places in 2008.

mamirk69

I think the eyebrow raising started in my building when management was saying this was a good contract and it should be passed that is when I knew this was a garbage contract.

C

chuchu

I just can't see, for at least the UPS employees, how staying in Central States would have been better.
It would seem so but UPS was mandated by federal law to keep the fund solvent. The company waved (I thought it was 6.5 billlion) the money in the unions face and they bit. I'm sure there is alot of detail that we are not privy to but Ron Carey would not have gone along with this deal. I respect someone who is honest and transparent. No one is perfect of course but Jimmy Hoffa Jr. is one person I do NOT trust because like I have said before, I have never seen the BAs so two-faced and spineless since Hoffa became pres. Without us (our dues and "strike fund") he is going to have to finally find a real job........maybe like unloading a whole trailer for $8.50.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think he used Michelle Bachman's photographer !!!!! :happy-very:

James-Hoffa-Jr.jpg

hembone

It would seem so but UPS was mandated by federal law to keep the fund solvent. The company waved (I thought it was 6.5 billlion) the money in the unions face and they bit. I'm sure there is alot of detail that we are not privy to but Ron Carey would not have gone along with this deal. I respect someone who is honest and transparent. No one is perfect of course but Jimmy Hoffa Jr. is one person I do NOT trust because like I have said before, I have never seen the BAs so two-faced and spineless since Hoffa became pres. Without us (our dues and "strike fund") he is going to have to finally find a real job........maybe like unloading a whole trailer for $8.50.
The main improvement for the UPS employees was the restoration of 25/30 and out, also the accural rate was increased back to $100.00 a month for every full-time year from $50.00, per the cuts in 2003.