To all ups drivers I need advice

Puggy

Over exaggerated. There was someone I know had second dwi and price was around 5k for the second one. But first offense are atleast 2.5 for a good Lawyer that includes the refusal charge

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's if I live there I believe. The paper work I have said I can drive after 7 days. It's' okay tho Im gonna pay my lawyer and hope he can perform a miracle. Because I'm gonna go HAM and eat some bacon
Miracle? Good luck with that. Can't drive the big brown truck with an interlock.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Anybody read the article about some idiot stole 160 k Diamond and sold it for a $20 bag of weed lol
You hear about some idiot who drove drunk, refused to blow (which will hurt you in court), got arrested...and actually thinks he'll still be able to drive for Brown in a month? You're lucky you didn't hurt yourself or somebody else...smarten up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It will be a lot more than that.

Refusal of a breathalyzer or blood test is automatic DUI.

Probably in NY, definitely in PA. Maybe not where he lives, and certainly will depend on whether or not his home state and where he go popped reciprocate.

Done early today?

By The Book

I am an upcoming ups driver in training. I messed up last Saturday which was my birthday I made the wrong decision "I drank and drove" .... I was locked up that day because I refuse to blow on the breathalyzer or take a blood test... Because this is my first offense I believe having a good lawyer they can drop the case but what should I do? Should I wait it out? Will ups finds out because I have yet to get my final verdict. What should I do I'm scared and I don't want to lose my career over a bad judgement I have made for myself also my driving record is spotless besides this stupid incident. I WILL NEVER DRINK again only Ginger Ale
Your right you messed up. I'm not going to pass judgement here. There is an sap program that you may be forced to take. The contract only gives you a few days to notify the employer when things like this happen. Call your local with the details so you don't lose your career.

barnyard

KTM rider
You have have just increased your waiting time to 3 years for FT. If your license is revoked and you drive a UPS vehicle, you will be fired and will not get your job back.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Puggy,
You really need to discuss this with your business agent.

Fairfax County is notorious for having arguably the most stringent driving enforcement laws in the country; it's one of the few places in the USA where they will throw you in jail for speeding (Google it--this is not an exaggeration). Further, the state of Virginia is successful in completing nearly 100% of all driving infraction-related cases within 60 days -- by far the fastest in the country. Unfortunately, even with a good lawyer, odds are that the DUI will stick on your record.

If you admit to UPS you have a DUI now, the worst that will happen is that you'll return to part-time for 3 years. If you don't, and they find out about it -- and odds are they will -- you'll most likely be fired for dishonestly and it will be an uphill battle to get your job back.

Please, contact your BA.