To enable drivers to make Better Decisions

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Follow it stop for stop and make them fix their "superior" system. I love following orion everyday...Sure I'll deliver NDA savers in the morning and deliver ground to the same place later in the day. That's one less stop I'll have to do later when they send someone to take work off me so I make it under 9.5 hours.

NO. you must break off for all service commits. Then go right back to Orion stop for stop .

We all broke off for service commits when in rdo. There's no excuse for not doing it in Orion. Just call in for any air meets daily. Then make that money.

Rack em

Made the Podium
NO. you must break off for all service commits. Then go right back to Orion stop for stop .

We all broke off for service commits when in rdo. There's no excuse for not doing it in Orion. Just call in for any air meets daily. Then make that money.
I thought commit times and getting commercial stops delivered before 17:00 was a given, but yes that's what I meant...When you break off for air and get back on "trace" it makes it even worse haha.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We all broke off for service commits when in rdo.
Except RDO would usually deliver the businesses first anyways. A lot more breaking to run errands if the travelling salesman algorithm from hell with no distinction between left or right is in charge. Ordering a bunch of residential stops prior to getting the main streets and PU accounts done.

TheBrownNote

Except RDO would usually deliver the businesses first anyways. A lot more breaking to run errands if the travelling salesman algorithm from hell with no distinction between left or right is in charge. Ordering a bunch of residential stops prior to getting the main streets and PU accounts done.

They are UPS's customers. Not yours. Run the route. Communicate with dispatch about problem time commitments. Business daily time commitments are 5pm. We offer a paid window of service.

It's not your job to pick and choose non commit time stops. That's dispatch's.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They are UPS's customers. Not yours. Run the route. Communicate with dispatch about problem time commitments. Business daily time commitments are 5pm. We offer a paid window of service.

It's not your job to pick and choose non commit time stops. That's dispatch's.
I do not speak at all from my own personal experience, it is just facts: rdo has a far lower rate of commit breakoffs, knowledge of your street sequencing and the next best arrival time on a bid route would be even lower. It does not matter how much I communicate with a dispatcher, there is only little they can do to make up for the chalk-scribble that is onion.

TheBrownNote

I do not speak at all from my own personal experience, it is just facts: rdo has a far lower rate of commit breakoffs, knowledge of your street sequencing and the next best arrival time on a bid route would be even lower. It does not matter how much I communicate with a dispatcher, there is only little they can do to make up for the chalk-scribble that is onion.

I do not disagree with you. But why create added stress by caring. Just make service commits, and work till your done. Make money and leave. It's literally not my problem they suck.

A common phrase in our center that drives stups' crazy is "I'm only as good as my dispatch"

We have a new dispatcher who's learning his area knowledge, by pulling four year old plans one day, then using an updated one the next day. Still not my problem. Make service commits. Send in messages daily asking what comm stops or savers you have left, (especially if covering routes you don't know) deliver them, then go back to following Orion.

We've beaten the rdo vs Orion topic harder than any activity @Indecisi0n wouldn't admit too. (Or "wood" in his case )

Time to just work as directed, follow the methods and cause no liability. It's easy stuff.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What are you talking about?

A DFR Action regarding the New DIAD technology?

That would be a stretch.

If anything, it could be a contract violation under:

Section 4. Technological Change
1. Technological change shall be defined as any significant change
in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in
the work of the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers
in the bargaining unit.
2. The Employer and the Union agree to establish a National
Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, consisting of
an equal number of representatives from the Union and UPS. The
Committee shall meet in conjunction with the National Grievance
Panel as necessary to review any planned technological changes.

Pretty simple Champ,

All Package Car Drivers including future 22.4s deserve to be informed of something as major as Audio Turn by Turn (work as instructed) and DIAD on the Dash.

Unless the union doesn't know about this yet??

UPS is touting it.

What is it?

This thought pattern, is even worse than your "theories" of failure of DFR.

Software upgrades to the DIAD, constitute a "change in working conditions" ?

Let alone.... you think it violates the Master language on Technological Change ?

Wow.

-Bug-

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If they would just take the pickups and air out of the beef of the dispatch, it would improve Orion drastically. The program cannot handle the time commits, it becomes dyslexic. I know this because wheb I run junk routes with no air or pickups Orion is perfectly functional. Not ideal, but definetely functional. Why can't they just lump the pickups at the bottom of the board like it used to be in RDO?

browned out

This thought pattern, is even worse than your "theories" of failure of DFR.

Software upgrades to the DIAD, constitute a "change in working conditions" ?

Let alone.... you think it violates the Master language on Technological Change ?

Wow.

-Bug-

The DFR claim is solid.

Hoffa/Taylor/Hall did not fulfill their DFR. Local 243's ULP case against UPS bolsters that case. Local 243's ULP against UPS will not shield 243 from failure to fulfill their own DFR.

Unlike all the garbage UPS/Teamster Panel decisions (that only help 1 member); NLRB action will set precedent. It will be on the record. And It will not be a case like the vast majority of UPS/Teamster Panel decisions BS "in this instant case".

If Hoffa/Taylor/Hall and their cronies would have performed their duties and followed the Teamster Constitution; they would have been much better off.

( As an officer of this great Union, I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve. I further promise that I will faithfully comply with and enforce the Constitution and laws of the International Union...)

Some Local "leaders" are learning; UPS Teamsters will continue to teach the Local leaders who wish to improve their behavior; and hope these "leaders" will correct their behavior. We will expel the Teamster "leaders" who continue to refuse to correct their behavior and do not learn from their mistakes.

BUG; Dust off your red vest; and come back to "work".

If the software and/or hardware upgrades can result in discipline; it most definitely was required to be discussed with not only the National Teamster/UPS CTC but also the Locals.

3. The Employer will advise the affected Local Unions and the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change of any proposed technological changes at least six (6) months prior to the implementation of such change except where the change was later determined in which case the Employer shall provide as much notice as possible
4. The Employer shall be required to provide the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, any relevant information to the extent available regarding the technological changes.
5. The Employer will meet with the Local Union, or, if requested, the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, promptly after notification to negotiate regarding the effects of the proposed technological changes.

UPS has obviously had a major change in technology regarding the DIAD in the works for some time. Reminiscent of the Over 70lb. change that was implemented in the 1994. UPS knew the "change" was coming but this information was not disclosed to the employees until well after the 1993 contract was ratified. The over 70lb may have been discussed with the locals and the national before the contract vote; if so; why wasn't this major change in working conditions disclosed to the members?

Hopefully Hoffa/Taylor/Hall and the individual Locals will file NLRB charges against UPS if the Teamsters CTC or Locals were not notified of this major change in working conditions.

Package Car Drivers deserve to know what UPS means by will integrate artificial intelligence and other technology enhancements to enable drivers to make better decisions

This DIAD issue has absolutely nothing to do with the DFR currently filed with the NLRB.

It was in the UPS business plan before negotiations and the Teamster Leaders (if they knew of this imminent technological change) should have disclosed it to the members before the vote on the Master.

The DFR is unrelated to this DIAD issue. It is not going away. It will be addressed.

Last edited:

browned out

If they would just take the pickups and air out of the beef of the dispatch, it would improve Orion drastically. The program cannot handle the time commits, it becomes dyslexic. I know this because wheb I run junk routes with no air or pickups Orion is perfectly functional. Not ideal, but definetely functional. Why can't they just lump the pickups at the bottom of the board like it used to be in RDO?

And why can't they slot OCAs into ORION...or let the driver move the OCA into the ORION DOL? Most drivers put a scheduled time for the OCA PU near the Commit time; which usually slots it near the end of the DOL. Some drivers forget to pu when they are in the area and have to go back to PU.

If you have a delivery for 123 Clarksville Road, and you get an OCA for 123 Clarksville Road; you should be able to place that event right next to the del in ORION.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And why can't they slot OCAs into ORION...or let the driver move the OCA into the ORION DOL? Most drivers put a scheduled time for the OCA PU near the Commit time; which usually slots it near the end of the DOL. Some drivers forget to pu when they are in the area and have to go back to PU.

If you have a delivery for 123 Clarksville Road, and you get an OCA for 123 Clarksville Road; you should be able to place that event right next to the del in ORION.

I put the eta near the time I will be in the area. The eta only tells the diad when to give you a twenty minute reminder, and doesn't have anything to do with the commit time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Probably cost 500 million for that upgrade ...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I put the eta near the time I will be in the area. The eta only tells the diad when to give you a twenty minute reminder, and doesn't have anything to do with the commit time.
Not sure this is correct. If you don’t complete the PU by the time you entered it shows up late. At least around here.