To enable drivers to make Better Decisions

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The DFR claim is solid.

Hoffa/Taylor/Hall did not fulfill their DFR. Local 243's ULP case against UPS bolsters that case. Local 243's ULP against UPS will not shield 243 from failure to fulfill their own DFR.

Unlike all the garbage UPS/Teamster Panel decisions (that only help 1 member); NLRB action will set precedent. It will be on the record. And It will not be a case like the vast majority of UPS/Teamster Panel decisions BS "in this instant case".

If Hoffa/Taylor/Hall and their cronies would have performed their duties and followed the Teamster Constitution; they would have been much better off.

( As an officer of this great Union, I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve. I further promise that I will faithfully comply with and enforce the Constitution and laws of the International Union...)

Some Local "leaders" are learning; UPS Teamsters will continue to teach the Local leaders who wish to improve their behavior; and hope these "leaders" will correct their behavior. We will expel the Teamster "leaders" who continue to refuse to correct their behavior and do not learn from their mistakes.

BUG; Dust off your red vest; and come back to "work".

If the software and/or hardware upgrades can result in discipline; it most definitely was required to be discussed with not only the National Teamster/UPS CTC but also the Locals.

3. The Employer will advise the affected Local Unions and the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change of any proposed technological changes at least six (6) months prior to the implementation of such change except where the change was later determined in which case the Employer shall provide as much notice as possible
4. The Employer shall be required to provide the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, any relevant information to the extent available regarding the technological changes.
5. The Employer will meet with the Local Union, or, if requested, the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, promptly after notification to negotiate regarding the effects of the proposed technological changes.

UPS has obviously had a major change in technology regarding the DIAD in the works for some time. Reminiscent of the Over 70lb. change that was implemented in the 1994. UPS knew the "change" was coming but this information was not disclosed to the employees until well after the 1993 contract was ratified. The over 70lb may have been discussed with the locals and the national before the contract vote; if so; why wasn't this major change in working conditions disclosed to the members?

Hopefully Hoffa/Taylor/Hall and the individual Locals will file NLRB charges against UPS if the Teamsters CTC or Locals were not notified of this major change in working conditions.

Package Car Drivers deserve to know what UPS means by will integrate artificial intelligence and other technology enhancements to enable drivers to make better decisions

This DIAD issue has absolutely nothing to do with the DFR currently filed with the NLRB.

It was in the UPS business plan before negotiations and the Teamster Leaders (if they knew of this imminent technological change) should have disclosed it to the members before the vote on the Master.

The DFR is unrelated to this DIAD issue. It is not going away. It will be addressed.

I think it's funny, that you want to try and explain the contract language and

the IBT constitution to me. How are your NLRB charges coming ?

Still waiting to see a copy....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And why can't they slot OCAs into ORION...or let the driver move the OCA into the ORION DOL? Most drivers put a scheduled time for the OCA PU near the Commit time; which usually slots it near the end of the DOL. Some drivers forget to pu when they are in the area and have to go back to PU.

If you have a delivery for 123 Clarksville Road, and you get an OCA for 123 Clarksville Road; you should be able to place that event right next to the del in ORION.
Shoulda, Could, and Woulda are the 3 guys who never made it in life....and a way of life in regards to DIAD software.

Perfect example is the "NI or Closed between 12 to 1 and after 5pm" mandate, where the Company prefers to train 60,000+ monkeys to not jump through a hoop at specific times, rather than implement a simple DIAD software enhancement that would make it impossible to record.

oldngray

nowhere special
Shoulda, Could, and Woulda are the 3 guys who never made it in life....and a way of life in regards to DIAD software.

Perfect example is the "NI or Closed between 12 to 1 and after 5pm" mandate, where the Company prefers to train 60,000+ monkeys to not jump through a hoop at specific times, rather than implement a simple DIAD software enhancement that would make it impossible to record.
I can understand the after 5 but 12-1 for lunch was just plain silly. Very few companies go to lunch then.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Had one the other day, business stop with 3 boxes and a call tag. It was about 12:30. They were there, signed for the pkgs, asked to try the RS3 call tag again the next day. So I sheeted it NR1.
Got a message to call the center; "we can't have any NR1s for a business between 12 and 1, please void and resheet."
You can't make this stupidity up

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I remember getting grilled about this before. Maybe they change it? I haven’t had a late OCA in years.

We got the same, I chalk it up to some corporate dummy misunderstanding the meaning of ETA and it came down the line as a mandate. Our center leadership, at least, eventually figured it out. The purpose of entering an ETA is so self-evident, you would have to be in a coma not to get it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had one the other day, business stop with 3 boxes and a call tag. It was about 12:30. They were there, signed for the pkgs, asked to try the RS3 call tag again the next day. So I sheeted it NR1.
Got a message to call the center; "we can't have any NR1s for a business between 12 and 1, please void and resheet."
You can't make this stupidity up
I've had the same thing happen.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I've had the same thing happen.
Honestly, it's a small inconvenience for us, and our job is to WAD so we just laugh it off and do it, no big deal, 5 minutes lost. But it's such a good example of everything wrong with Brown.
Sups asking us to be dishonest by falsifying completed work because they're too afraid to get popped by some guy sitting behind a desk thousands of miles away who has no idea how insanely worthless his job is, nor how detrimental his mere presence is to the success of the company, our jobs.
Thinking about how much money UPS pisses away makes me worry about my job.
tenor.gif