To soon for senority?

Noob Driver

hey fellas i got a question im a full time driver came from PT. But i noticed somthing on my check today it said 15.75 where the week b4 i was making 14.70 i know it goes to 15.75 after you make senority. Which i didnt get 30 working days yet. It also says i have 90 hours of vacation ,which i know u dont get until u get yer senority as well. Does this mean i have my senority or is it just a error on the stub? Is there a way to get yer senority with out actually working the 30 days? please let me know it would be nice to know i have it so i dont have to be so stressed out all the time. I swear i think my times would be way better if i wasnt stressed from this senority thing.

trickpony1

I would not alert any management people yet.
Ask your steward or business agent in private about this.
Regarding your 30 days........when did you start?.....did you keep a record of days worked?
Surely you can add all your days worked and decide if you have reached 30 (excluding any "free periods" etc.)
For the info to appear on your paycheck it would have had to be approved by someone in management and probably reviewed by someone in payroll.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I totallly agree with Trick. Management is on a need to know basis, and right now they dont need to know.

Seniority issues that only involve a few days are usually not an issue later on, unless you and someone else are within a day or two each of getting your seniority date. Then for years after, until your retirement date, that issue will keep raising its ugly head. So if on paper UPS recognises your seniorty, let it be.

Dont spend all that extra money all at once!:thumbup1:

d

Noob Driver

already told managment . I was curious to know why plus im not really a dishonest person. I wouldnt feel right making more then im supposed to if its a mistake. Plus if i didnt say anything it would look like poor character on my end. And another thing i have like 13 days left to go for my 30 working days. This is a lil weird but hey if somehow i got the 30 days id be super happy. is there anything in the contract regarding this?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dishonesty is one thing, being too open is another.

If they are making a mistake on your check, in your favor, then that is the first I have ever heard of. Plenty of times in favor of the company, but not the employee.

So since you told management, what did they have to say. You left that part of the story out. That changes or could change everything, including not having a story to post about.:wink:

d

true_1_ace

don't worry if UPS made a mistake there will be a correction on next weeks pay or when they realize it ,it has happened to me ,it will show up as a deduction but for the life of me I can't remember the code they used
ie: apd for authorized payroll deduction :gunsmilie

Noob Driver

They had no idea, and said mayb that coming from part time or somthing had somthing to do with my progression? somthing crazy like that. Then i got the You need to get your times down cause they need to make a decision soon. That line right there stresses me out lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is the plan to stress you. It was probaly a normal progression in your pt pay if it coincides with your hire date. Good luck.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Don't worry and get so stressed out. It sounds like you have got the job. Just be careful and don't have an accident. Good luck!

over9five

Staff member
Dude, you're stressing too much! Think POSITIVE!!!

Obviously, the greatest, smartest company in the world would not make a mistake, SOOOOO...
Obviously, you deserve the pay increase!

Noob Driver

lol i dropped school for a chance at this job now im in some debt. So alot is on the line i NEED to make senority after i do all the stress will be gone.

browniehound

Noob Driver said:
lol i dropped school for a chance at this job now im in some debt. So alot is on the line i NEED to make senority after i do all the stress will be gone.

LOL. Noob, the stress will not be gone. It will just be beginning!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Brownie, I had to chuckle about that myself. If he only knew.

But then again, some of the stresses he now has will be gone, to be replaced by other stresses. Just like retirement. Think all the stress will be gone? Yeppers, some will be. But there are many other things that will crop up, things you really wouldnt even think about being stressful.

You know, the UPS experience is a trip. Enjoy the ride. Make the most of it.

d