To the ISPs

Crozz

It's over for me, but I really think ISP will be challenged. May take years, but fedex's goal is to control how things are done and they will push and push until they step over the line again.
Fedex doesn't want the hassle of running the routes. So your theory is off. Fedex knows contracting is a lower cost and great for profit margins. Contractors will never get the max dollars plan and simple. Single van contractors where great in beginning, but time to adopt and change. So many singles turn down business because they don't want to grow and they grow to much and pinch off the out of towns and keep the gravy. It's better to do business with a few contractors in a terminal than dealing with 15 single vans.

bbsam

Staff member
Can you at least admit they are slimy.
Absolutely. What I have always said I will say again: I am not pro Fedex.

But with a clear view of the law and how the law is used across a multitude of industries, I don't see how anyone thinks Fedex would give up the structure. This isn't some sweet deal Fred set up. It's a sweet deal corporate America has going on with the acquiescence of a bought and paid for government. So you can hate on me and other contractors or FedEx in general but that gets you nowhere. Screaming "scam" does nothing. If you want to change the system, you have to change the law. There is no way around it.

STFXG

All contractors are called in at the same time, and are told the new rules this could not have only been my terminal!
Yeah, they basically read you the new contract and tell you that you get to agree to the new terms or your contract will run until it expires. I hear what you're saying.

Bounty

That's how it was presented, when I asked the terminal manager. Either sign or your contract won't be renewed, all of us were told that not just me.

bbsam

Staff member
T
That's how it was presented, when I asked the terminal manager. Either sign or your contract won't be renewed, all of us were told that not just me.
That's a difference in ISP. My contract goes until 7/16. At that t ok me we'll see what the agreement looks like.

Bounty

You will sign. Thank you sir, may I have another. Don't worry if I was you I would probably sign to. I'm no better than you. I just got kicked out before they could stuff it down my throat.

bbsam

Staff member
You will sign. Thank you sir, may I have another. Don't worry if I was you I would probably sign to. I'm no better than you. I just got kicked out before they could stuff it down my throat.
Maybe. Maybe not. From what I've seen of how much people are getting for their businesses, I wouldn't rule anything out.

Bounty

If you were going to sell you would be trying now. It would take time for fedex to say you were allowed to sell and to whom. Plus, Not many foolish people have a million dollars

bbsam

Staff member
If you were going to sell you would be trying now. It would take time for fedex to say you were allowed to sell and to whom. Plus, Not many foolish people have a million dollars
You'd be surprised.

If an ISP wants to leave, FDX gives a lot of time. Why? Because a messy transition is bad for business. We have a guy on his way out part because he can't stand the company and part because the company has had enough of him. But the actual sale has been going on for months.

sadmanhere

here in new york they want us to sign this limited release form by sept 18 and if we do we get 10k and it says we don't hold them responsible for the changes… if we don't sigh we will still be able to go for isp

nobody is getting renewed….. we all got letters saying we are not getting renewed and that we agree to keep working if we want to try and go for isp…..

why would they be offering us 10k to sign this for? if its so legal?

cause they they did the math and figure 65% will sign no questions asked

30% will sign cause they are scared. and if the others decided to sue even if they all win….. the cost of leaving themselves open to a lawsuit by the state is better for them… to keep making money off contractors..

MAKAVELI

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/labor-department-prepping-to-crack-down-on-uber-fedex-airbnb/
The U.S. Department of Labor joined opponents of the “sharing economy” Wednesday in condemning the new use of contracting as a way to avoid paying employee benefits.

“Misclassification of employees as independent contractors is found in an increasing number of workplaces,” the agency claimed in a report. “When employers improperly classify employees as independent contractors, the employees may not receive important workplace protections.”

Advances in digital technologies have allowed companies like Lyft, Uber, FedEx and Airbnb to use contracting in unique ways. Known as the sharing economy, companies make digital platforms in which individuals can create their own business ventures. Opponents, however, argue these individuals should be classified as employees of the company instead of contractors.

“In addition, many states have acknowledged this problematic trend and have responded with legislation and misclassification task forces,” the agency continued. “Understanding that combating misclassification requires a multi – pronged approach.”

The Labor Department argued those companies are abusing contracting to avoid paying their employees benefits like a minimum wage, overtime compensation, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.

“The Teamsters Union has been leading the fight against misclassification on both the state and federal levels for more than a decade,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said in a statement. “The administrator’s interpretation only reinforces what we have said for years – misclassification must be eliminated.”

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/l...rack-down-on-uber-fedex-airbnb/#ixzz3gBBIOxxS
Follow us: @TheLibRepublic on Twitter

overflowed

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/labor-department-prepping-to-crack-down-on-uber-fedex-airbnb/
The U.S. Department of Labor joined opponents of the “sharing economy” Wednesday in condemning the new use of contracting as a way to avoid paying employee benefits.

“Misclassification of employees as independent contractors is found in an increasing number of workplaces,” the agency claimed in a report. “When employers improperly classify employees as independent contractors, the employees may not receive important workplace protections.”

Advances in digital technologies have allowed companies like Lyft, Uber, FedEx and Airbnb to use contracting in unique ways. Known as the sharing economy, companies make digital platforms in which individuals can create their own business ventures. Opponents, however, argue these individuals should be classified as employees of the company instead of contractors.

“In addition, many states have acknowledged this problematic trend and have responded with legislation and misclassification task forces,” the agency continued. “Understanding that combating misclassification requires a multi – pronged approach.”

The Labor Department argued those companies are abusing contracting to avoid paying their employees benefits like a minimum wage, overtime compensation, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.

“The Teamsters Union has been leading the fight against misclassification on both the state and federal levels for more than a decade,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said in a statement. “The administrator’s interpretation only reinforces what we have said for years – misclassification must be eliminated.”

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/l...rack-down-on-uber-fedex-airbnb/#ixzz3gBBIOxxS
Follow us: @TheLibRepublic on Twitter

My personal opinion is this stuff needs to be checked. All for it. Wasn't bad times when Bill was in office.